This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things just keep getting worse

I made a few other posts about how my eyes, one eye in particular has been getting a lot worse lately and now theres another thing added.. eyes have been extremely red as in no white in eye at all for over a week now and lots of discharge stickyness, swelling and pain, all the symptoms of conjunctivitis, unfortunately the eye swabs I got done came back negative for bacteria and all the dr's and eye doctors I've seen have no answers. I can't live like this

Could it be allergies? You sound a lot like me a few weeks ago. I've never dealt with allergies before in my life, and then this summer my eyes have been getting pretty red at times, and I figured it was just the dryness. However, a few weeks ago I woke up and my eyes were SUPER bloodshot. It got worse and worse throughout the day, and they were super irritated and burning and itchy in the corners.

Went to my Opthalmologist and he said it was an allergic response. Since then, I've been on Alrex but everytime I start weaning off the redness comes back. I've also been so itchy around my nose and the skin in the corners of my eyes are really red too and my eyes are still bloodshot. I'm on Pataday for a few weeks now and hoping it will help soon. Other than that, I've been doing chilled PF drops too round the clock.

Did you ask about allergies when you saw your doctors? Did they have any ideas?

Comment

I've been tested for allergies but don't really have any except mild to dust. one dr mentioned it could be an allergy but most likely just from the dryness.. theres lumps on the upper eyelid, but they have always been there and apparently its just irritation from the dryness also.

Comment

Re: antibiotic cultures from eyes

I had 3 cultures done of my eye infection and all came back normal. Now I personally don't believe that cultures of discharge from the eyes can even be done.

My case was so obvious: I had intracanalicular plugs put in the two upper puncta (I already had two in the lower) and within one day I had discharge. In my 15 years of dry eye, I have never had discharge (not even 'normal' sleep/debris).

Anyway, after 3 months of this weirdness, I finally saw an ophthalm who knew nothing, but took out a book and looked up canaliculitis. The book said "flush with vigamox... use vigamox drops". It worked almost instantly.

I'm not saying my situation is yours... but if you can find someone who will help you out with some antibiotic drops or ointment, you might diagnose an infection by curing it! Even a GP can prescribe erythromycin ointment (for styes). Maybe you could start there?

Good luck.

Comment

Dude, check out seborrheic dermatitis. It's a skin condition.. I have that and a lot od discharge from eyes, redness, dryness. It's called Seborrheic blepharitis.

I hate this condition! But good luck
          The cure: be open minded

Comment

Originally posted by redandsensitive View Post
            Dude, check out seborrheic dermatitis. It's a skin condition.. I have that and a lot od discharge from eyes, redness, dryness. It's called Seborrheic blepharitis.

I hate this condition! But good luck

Yeah this is another 1 I've been told I have/ might have... been told many things basically the treatments are the same for all of them anyway and haven't worked for me..

Comment

Working...
            X