Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corneal erosion - what does it feel like?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corneal erosion - what does it feel like?

Hey,

I woke up today with a pressure feeling on my left eye. I don't know what it is. My eye doesn't look more red or anything else. But the pressure doesn't go away. When I woke up I noticed that my sleeping mask wasn't on my eye anymore. How does it feel when you have a corneal erosion? I don't have any vision problems so I hope it's not the cornea. I feels as if my whole body's weight was squeezed on my left eye tonight. If things don't improve I'll see a doctor tomorrow.

Thanks for your answer!

Hi, Stephgurl1986.

That does not sound like an erosoin to me. In my case, a corneal erosion felt like having a brush burn on the skin but on my eye. My eye teared up, and tears would pour out when I would open and close my lids. It was a startling, sharp pain that awakened me from sleep, and after really bad ones, I felt a pressure-like throbbing, but it was not like what you are describing.

That's been my experience, anyway. I hope this helps and that what you are experiencing is a transitory thing that goes away soon!

--Liz

Comment

I agree with Liz, that a corneal erosion is likely to cause sharp, immediate and "no question about it" kind of pain. Of course, since we are all so different, you might be the exception. But, this doesn't sound like an erosion. Let us know if you see your doctor and what he/she says. Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Thanks for your answers. I put in some ointment yesterday and today the pressure feeling is almost gone. What ever it was, I'm more than happy that it didn't stay. :-)

Comment

Working...
        X