This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cornea actually tears

My cornea actually tears and comes off of my eye!
    Is this unique. It began about 2 years ago I woke up and felt like aI had something in my eye. It hurt a lot. After 1/2 of a day at work (I work at a Health Plan) I went to see one of our um nurses and she got me an appointment with the head of Opthomolog at UCSF. TH eguy sees me and says that my cornea is torn and proceeds to take a scalpel and essentially scrape my cornea. He then dialtes my pupils and sends me home on the train (I win't even go into that experiance - -wow) it was the most painful 48 hours of my life. I still get it sometimes I will wake up and my corne will be stuck to the inside of my eyelid. I am not going to get that procedure again but I dont know what to do.
    help. It happen about twice a quarter and takesa bout 3 days to heal.
    I am scared that I am going to go blind....

sorry I think I posted this in the wrong place I am a newbie...

Hi, Dongo92506.

I'm really sorry to hear about this pain and trauma to your cornea. I'm not a doctor, but I suffer from recurrent corneal erosions (RCEs) that happen spontaneously, due to a condition I have called ABMD, and they are a lot like what you describe above.

It's very hard to get a good diagnosis, but typically after you get someone who can identify that you have RCEs and what is causing them (such as an injury or underlying condition), then it seems that the people doing the diagnosis can also get you onto a good path of healing. However, it's important to find the right doctor and one who can help and discuss the problem with you, because your doing things to heal depends on your understanding why you are doing them.

We have a forum dedicated to discussing RCEs here at the DEZ, and you may want to read through some of it to see if any of it sounds familiar and if it can help you to talk to your doctor more effectively or to find a better doctor, because you can describe what is happening to you.

I wish you the best. If you are having RCEs, my heart goes out to you. This is a difficult thing to manage, but it can be managed with care and attention.

Best wishes,
    Liz

Comment

Working...
    X