This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corneal erosion

Had a CE last night. Not as huge as many of you experience but still and all, a corneal erosion. The shape of things to come. Not much chance that I can deal. Today is a day of decisions, and reality. Sorry if anyone thinks that I am a baby but pain is pain and a diagnosis is just that. Almost did not mention it because so many of you have it so much worse. Sorry.

Have you looked into autologous drops? They aren't cheap unfortunately, but they can help heal corneal abrasions, in my experience. If you do a search on this site, there are a number of posts about them, including some fairly recent ones. I'm not sure where, in NY, you would get them but your doctor may know and it's worth a call as another potential stick in your arsenal.

Comment

Hi, Neve.

I'm so sorry that you are suffering from RCEs. They changed a lot about my life, and I'm still very vigilant about maintaining my eyes. This condition comes with a lot of uncertainty, expense, and, as you said, pain. It's not easy or fast, but you can move beyond it.

I hope that you can find a doctor who will direct you to the best treatment for you.

--Liz

Comment

Thanks for caring, Liz and thanks for answering my post. Means so much, especially when you are totally alone.

Comment

Working...
        X