This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corneal damage during the night?

I almost always wake up with really foggy vision in the morning. My eyes don't hurt or anything, it just looks like everything is in a haze until I blink a lot and get some tears flowing. I've gotten to wondering whether it's possibly damaging to have my eyes doing their REM thing all night with no lubrication? Would I have pain if that were the case?

I have worsening astigmatism, especially in one eye, so I'm always looking for some sort of cause other than "your eyes change as you age". Thanks.

I was told that you produce less tears at night while youre asleep, therefore the eyes will be dry upon awaking, when i think back before D.E.S opening youre eyes 1st thing wasn't the easiest thing to do, they would make a quick recovery though.

Comment

Yeah, I've read the same thing. In my case I can remember clearly that one day a few years ago I woke up the first time with the foggy vision and kind of panicked because I had never had it before. Now it's nearly daily. So, I know it doesn't have to be this way, but maybe it's not uncommon either. Maybe I'll stick a humidifier by my bed and see what that does.

Comment

This probably is not your problem, but I get filaments that form over night and if they lay across my eye I cannot see through them. I have to rub my closed eye and get the filament to migrate to the bottom of my eye so I can pull them out. Then I can see and it is less painful.

Comment

My mother-in-law suffers from similar symptoms. However, I caution you, there can be on symptom that means several different things, so read all you want, take advice, but never hesitate to consult a doctor. We are big believers in humidifiers in my family, and my mother-in-law had a lot of luck with putting a humidifier next to her bed, but on a low table, so the moist air was going past her, rather than above her. She put honeywell filters in the machine, as they are supposed to be a form of hepa filter that aids in allergen reduction as well as humidification. This worked for a while, and she had to start putting in a gel type of lubrication in her eyes, so it was not as rapidly as absorbed as the liquid lubrication. Now, this worked for her, but I have no way of telling if this would even help you at all, but it may be worth a shot. Good luck and I hope you find some relief!
          Try not. Do. Do not. There is no try.

Comment

Working...
          X