X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCE's & Napping

To other RCE sufferers out there:

Do you nap? Can you nap? Does napping affect the odds of having an erosion?

I went for over a year without napping, since I did not want to throw off my sleeping schedule, and because I napped about three months into having erosions and found that they were very likely to happen after a day in which I napped.

Yesterday, I took my first nap in over year, and everything was okay overnight. That is heartening. However, my eyes feel a little extra dry this morning. I'm wondering if it is related.

--Liz

I'm not much of a napper as a rule. Or at least I didn't used to be. When I started my job last fall (early morning hours followed by a six hour break and then back to work late afternoon), I found that if I so much as sat down mid-morning to read the newspaper, I would snooze for a bit. Sometimes it would help my eyes, sometimes not. I suppose when it didn't, it was due to not fully closing my eyelids. Like you, I would worry about an erosion. So, I gave in and finally accepted I was going to poop out while reading. I come prepared to nap now . I slip on a light sleep mask when my eyes grow heavy.
    Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Cindy!

I used Dwelle right before the nap, like those of you on this board who can use it at night. It seemed to have worked. I also did not wear my goggles. But using a mask (especially with the A / C running) is a great idea.

I still use Dwelle and then Genteal Gel (fifteen minutes later) at bedtime, so I'm not ready to go to just Dwelle.

--Liz

Comment

Hi Liz
        I am a life long power napper and to be honest when my Dry Eye was at its worst the only way I got through the day was to have a cheeky half hour now and again. I have never once had an RCE during the day but plenty through the night. Besides which I did read once that it is very healthy to have a siesta every day ( 50 million Spaniards can't be wrong!)

Barry

Comment

I always load up the eyeball for a nap.
          Yes, sometimes I might nod off, but if I've gone up to my bedroom I'll watch TV with one eye open and the other full of goo.

Comment

Working...
          X