Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best wishes, mgshutterbug. Let us know how it goes.

--Liz

Comment

Hello,

I use Optive every 2 hours during the day and Dwelle in the evening about 3x before bed. I also wear a bandage contact lens for the erosions. Unfortunately, I still get erosions. I am going to be starting on Dextran drops as soon as they come in the mail.

Beth

Comment

Hi Katie,

I use and love (for the time being) GenTeal ointment at night (along with humidifier, tranquileyes, and a nice warm compress). I used to use the Muro ointment, but it is too irritating for my eyes.

During the day I use GenTeal liquid gel drops and Systane Ultra eye drops. I usually switch between the 2 every other week or so.

Good Luck

Comment

I was under the impression that Dextran drops were unavailable. Where can you get them??

Comment

I am now 47 and had my first one occur at the tender age of 19! I just want to share a couple of things I use that are beneficial to me. I found a spray (http://naturestears.com/) that has done wonders for me! Please check out the website as they can explain it better than I! You can also buy the spray on amazon.com and get good price deals! That is where I buy mine usually unless the naturestears.com has a good sale. I spray my eyes morning, noon and night, and it has made a world of difference. Especially with the "grit" feeling in my eyes that I usually always keep. I have had the erosions since using the spray, so it's not a cure, but has made them fewer and more far between. AND when I wake up during the night feeling like my eyes are "sticking," I lean over and grab the spray off the night stand and spray my lids, which helps and makes them unstick!

Now, onto what I've been reading about here lately. Google search "castor oil for dry eyes." MANY people apparently have been helped with putting drops of castor oil ( The Palma Christi, Castor Oil, Hexane Free and Certified, Pure Cold Pressed Top Quality Oil. Heritage Products, Virginia Beach, VA, 1-800-862-2923) in their eyes before going to sleep at night. I have not yet purchased the oil nor tried it yet, but definitely am and SOON! I live in VA, so I will go to the Heritage Product store and get me some of the quality oil and will report back here! I read just this morning about a woman who tried the drops and then went to her eye doctor to make sure that it wasn't harming or damaging her eyes, and the doctor said her eyes were great! From what I've read the CO also makes the white's of your eyes whiter! I just wanted to share some of my antidotes. I wish everyone the best of luck!

I know that some of you have diseases or issues with your eyes that CO may not be able to help at all, so these things aren't for everyone, but I hope they will give some of you some much-needed relief!

Terry

Comment

Working...
            X