This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, back with 2nd question on Muro ointment

If anyone has both EBMD as well as bleph, MGD or ocular roscea, can you tell me if taking Muro ointment at night has aggravated, helped or no impact on MGD or roscea?

Hi,

I have EBMD (that result in RCE's) and a mild MGD (with under-functioning oil-producing glands). Muro 128 5% ointment made my MGD worse, so I stayed on the Muro 128 5% eye drops and just use Genteal Gel at night.

--Liz

Comment

I was having RCE's, although I never had a definitive diagnosis of EBMD. I have MGD and blepharitis.

I found that Muro 128 ointment at bedtime worsened my MGD, as did other oil-based ointments and eye drops. It did not help prevent RCE's, either.

Like Liz, I also just use Genteal Gel at bedtime.

Teri

Comment

I used it when I was having erosions, and looking back at using it I can only say I hated using it, I don't know if it was because of the pain of the erosions, or because of the ointment, but my eyes were at their worst when I was using it. I thought only people who were having erosions used it.

If you don't have to use it try using Genteal Gel instead, it doesn't have the same issues as an ointment, and it works really well.

Good luck.

B.

Comment

Thanks...this is similar to my experience too

Doc never understood why Muro did not help me that much. So, I am not alone! Isn't it great to be in a place where we have such support?

Comment

Working...
          X