This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
    I hate feeling like I have to PROVE that I'm not exagerating my condition... If I were missing a leg, no-one would expect me to defend why I walk slower than everyone else... but with severe dry eye, people just don't get it...

I hate feeling like people think I'm just trying to get out of stuff, or that I'm lazy or whatever...

This causes me such stress with work...

Prior to this eye problem, I was the girl who's always gotten awesome reviews when employee evaluation are done... and now... well... who knows what they think of me...
    I HAVE BEEN SAYING THE SAME EXACT THING!!!!!! if it was some other problem that everyone understands and is easily identified it wouldn't be so hard to deal with.

my family doesn't even understand. to the point to where I honestly don't know what to do.

Comment

I know same here, i feel constantly stressed when trying to do anything becuase i feel like people are judging me because i dont seem normal or i cant do it to my best ability, or im lazy because i dont work much, thats why i feel like i wont last long in a job and i get so stressed with my eyes that the day makes me so depressed, i spend the evening in tears and exhustion from the stress.

Before this i worked ever since age 14, whilist most others took much longer bother to find work.
      I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

I finally gave in weeks ago (maybe a couple of months ago even?) and started wearing either MEG's or Wiley's almost every minute I'm at work... it's made a huge difference to my comfort level, and productivity.

But, on busy days, my eyes still need a break every once in a while... if I don't stop here and there to just close my eyes for a few seconds, my eyes end up feeling really horrible by the time I go home... I have to learn to take the time to rest them as needed...

But I find it hard to stop on a busy day because I want to get everything done just like everyone else, you know? argh...

It's tough though... if I hadn't had my schooling and been already settled in a career when I had my Lasik, it would not be easy at all... Hopefully you'll eventually find a job that is doable even with your eyes Sazy... You'll be going through a huge change when you move to the U.S... so take your time, and try not to stress out about it too much... it will work out somehow... and when things feel more settled, maybe you'll be able to find yourself something job-wise! Hang in there!

Comment

Working...
        X