Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wud put another story like this...One of my school friend got kidney decease at age of 12....since then he had to leave study and everything...he is now 28..lost 1 kedney 5-7 years back...He is on kidney dialisis for 5-7 years....may be counting the days to pass...Whenever i go to meet him, he feelsvery happy i never saw a sign of worry on his face yet ever...He passes time devoting his life to god...feel sorry for him...but im helpless...
    Thinking that he hasnt lost courage...im in a thousand times better position compared to him...
    Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

Comment

HeyMichael,
      I sure hope you are hanging in there! One thing age has brought me is the discovery that every one else has just as many problems, fears hopes and yes imperfections as me. Some folks cover it up with mor icing while others wear their pain on their sleeve. In the end we are all humans wishing for a better life but just dealing with the life in front of us.

I'm so sad to hear how much pain so many folks are in. That part of my illness was the most emotionally traumatic for me too. Then I was in danger of both corneaes perforating and the doctors placed tissue grafts over both eyes. It took my sight but also took away the debilitating pain. I think there are sclaral lenses and better options to try these days before resorting to tissue grafts!!!

Yes, blindness was the beginning of a very different life from the life I would have led with sight. I still think it's a pretty good one! I still fight with my personal demons. I also rejoyce daily over my two beautiful children, great husband, loving sisters and mother (we get along better now that we don't live with each other LOL), and all the little accomplishments that a long life gathers together year aftr year.

Stay with us pretty please. Who knows what you may contribute to mankind in the years to come. If it's a big break through in dry eye I can't wait.
      Hugs,
      Eileen

Comment

Michael...I understand where you are coming from....

My situation is worse if that is any consolation....

I suffer with insanely dry eyes; blurry/hazy/distorted vision; constant painful hissing tinnitus that varies in intensity from wretched to roaring; multiple chemical sensitivity; eustachian tube disfunction and inner ear pain; dry mouth; food allergies; rhinitus and sinusitus; constant painful sinus headaches; photophobia; dysosnia; hyperacusis; motion sensitivity; balance issues.......and more

all as a result of herbicide exposure....

wanna trade?

Dusty

Comment

i think about suicide a lot some weeks when things get me all at the same time. That's wierd my troubles started at about age 23 too... wow amazing all the life wasted to this disease. I think how valuable young life is..

You really have to think about what really matters in life. What it all comes down to is

#1 family/friends are one the most important thing in someones life. Nothing can make you happier for longer than family and friends. I am somewhat in short supply myself. I have one person I can call a friend and thats because hes my roomate. We probably wouldnt be friends otherwise. Most of my family is gone / out of touch. Just be very thankful you have a lot of the most important commodity in life.

#2 find something you like to do that is able to be done with your current health conditions and there are many options. My hobbies would be tennis and computer games. I cant really do tennis anymore but i can do SOME compute games without hurting my eyes too much and I think this has kept me alive since I don't really have much of option1.

#3 GOALS- goals to work towards.. IN OUR CASE the biggest goal is finding a treatment for our disease. Then you have secondary goals like what you will do with your life when you find a way to manage your disease. You might even work on your secondary goal while you are working on your primary goal in anticipation just in case you get better you will be ready to jump into life full force.

Just live life one day at at time- enjoy all the small things and realize it may take a few years before you will get better. Its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooo soon to give up now.

Comment

Working...
          X