This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Buckthorn Oil Helps Dry Eye

I have had dry eye since 1998, when I had LASIK surgery. Over time, I have been able to manage it with Restasis, TranquilEyes goggles, flax oil, drops, etc., but still suffered frequent flare-ups that required the use of an optical steroid to quell. About three months ago, I started taking sea buckthorn oil to address tendonitis in my knees. I have noticed that the dry eye flareups have become far less frequent since starting the oil. BTW, the pain in my knees has vanished entirely, so that was great, too. It takes about a month to take effect and it is a bit pricey, but well worth the cost. Take it INTERNALLY; do not put it into your eyes.

Do you take it as oil or capsules? I have taken it as capsules for about half a year now with little effect. Although of course I wouldn't know if it could have been worse if I had not taken it...

Comment

how much do you take of it? thanks for posting what helps u.. i may try.. can u suggest a good brand?
      Jenny

Comment

Jenny,

http://www.doctoroz.com/blog/jacob-t...venus-williams

This site tells you how much you have to take. I haven't tried. Maybe I will.

Comment

Sea Buckthorn as capsules

I take it as capsules, two in the morning and two at night. I know it is working because last night I asked my husband to chop onions. I haven't been able to chop onions for a while now--I even have to leave the house while he does it because of the pain and tearing. However, when he did it last night, I stayed in the house and experienced no pain or tearing at all!

Comment

I take two capsules in the morning and two at night. The brand I use is called Life Oil, which is pure sea buckthorn, extracted from the fruit and seeds.

Comment

I've also read about this, there are recent studies of its effectiveness (this for instance).
              I've been taking capsules (four a day) for about three weeks now but I haven't really noticed much improvement. There have been good days (but there have always been some), but yesterday and today have been particularly bad again. I hope it's true that it takes about a month or more to help, otherwise this will have been yet another failed expensive attempt at finding relief.

Comment

Interestingly enough, these do seem to have helped a little, but it took over two months to be really noticeable. I need drops less during the day now and it seems even my eyesight is better (because I think dryness / irregular moisture on the surface always makes my astigmatism worse). Which doesn't mean there wouldn't still be bad days, but a little improvement is a good thing in and of itself. But probably these capsules are only helpful for the less severe cases like mine.

Comment

Working...
                X