Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airplane Ride Tips?

Also,
    I did a search about airplane rides for people who suffer from dry eyes, and I was wondering if anybody has any new tips?

Will be traveling this weekend and I'm a bit nervous; the plane ride won't be too long (Texas to California), but still I don't want to be in too much discomfort!

Bring your goggles... or close your eyes the whole trip! Its very drying and I feel exhausted from burning eyes when I get to my destination. Thats no fun to start a vacation! Do not drink any alcohol either and drink your water!

Comment

I recently took a short flight and felt the same way. I took a nap and it was a piece of cake. Was really surprised it wasn't worse, but with eye drops and a nap, it was all good.

Comment

We just got back from a trip which required a few flights each way. I wore my goggles for a good portion of each flight. My eyes felt good. I may have looked a little strange, but at this point in my life I am more concerned with feeling good rather than looking good!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies. I am out of luck with goggles, I haven't bought a pair yet. So I will just have to bear with whatever pain I get. I'll try to take a nap (we leave at 8 am) and I can even try to us sunglasses to help a bit. But I guess my bear friend will be lots of eye drops.

Comment

My first suggestion is to turn off the air that is blowing over your head. If there is no one in the seats around you close those as well. Oddly enough I do regular 4.5 hr flights and seem to manage fairly well without goggles even. I usually close them for at least half an hour and keep pouring in the drops. I have the goggles just in case but manage not to have to use them. Good luck and safe travels...F/G

Comment

Thanks Farmgirl,
              YES! that would be a good idea! haha. I am hoping no one else will really be around me.

Comment

Hey Vivian: Here's a thought, try not bathing for week beforehand, then if there is anyone near you maybe they will leave LOL!

Comment

Thanks for all the tips (lol @ farmgirl)

The plane rides went BETTER than I expected! The first ride was a bit rough, but the last 2 went very well. Its weird I actually think the nap I took on the plane actually made the redness/dryness worse. But i kept putting drops in and made sure my a/c was turned off.

The worst part of rides was that I was nauseated the entire time!

Comment

Maybe it was the old, 'distract her by making her feel like she is going to puke and she won't notice the bad eyes so much trick'...works every time. Seriously though, glad you made it stuff like that can be such a worry about how you are going to cope. Hope you are well rested. I leave tomorrow for 2 - 4 1/2 hour flights one Tues and one Wed. Then return in 2 weeks same schedule in reverse. Haven't bathed all week, I think I might ask me to move...wish me luck...F/G

Comment

Working...
                    X