Prokera procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prokera procedure

hi guys I was recently diagnosed with Filimentary Keratitis. Suffering with for roughly 7 years off and on and has progressed the past 2 years. On Wednesday I will go in for the Prokera procedure. I'm hoping to get some type of relief because living with condition is a daily struggle. Has anyone had Prokera done? Also does anyone have thoughts or comments for Botox injections for this condition as well? Any comments are welcome.

I've had prokera done with great success but my problems came from corneal damage ie Lasik. I did type in your condition on google and found this:http://www.biotissue.com/products/pr...keratitis.aspx

Comment

Prokera Update

Originally posted by Phillips55 View Post
      I've had prokera done with great success but my problems came from corneal damage ie Lasik. I did type in your condition on google and found this:http://www.biotissue.com/products/pr...keratitis.aspx
      Appreciate the advice... Yes that's why I had Prokera. So far it's been ok. I won't know if it's actually going to do anything until after its taken out. Wednesday(12/3) is my follow up to have the lens holder taken out. So far my eye(right) has been really moist, it's actually runny with mucous type stuff. Not sure if that's normal but when I wake up my eye is stuck together. It's been really moist since Sunday. I Also was instructed to use Lotemax once daily then artificial tears as well. Will follow up with an update after its taken out. Thanks!

Comment

Update! Well it's been more than a month since the procedure and I've had good success. I occasionally still have days where they are dryer than normal, but nothing like before. My filaments are less than before as well. I'm currently taking Lotemax 2-3 times a day along with preservative free drops. Overall I say success. Doc said I will always have some degree of dry eye so any progress is better than none. I feel really good and I'm glad I had this procedure. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Amber2 View Post
          Update! Well it's been more than a month since the procedure and I've had good success. I occasionally still have days where they are dryer than normal, but nothing like before. My filaments are less than before as well. I'm currently taking Lotemax 2-3 times a day along with preservative free drops. Overall I say success. Doc said I will always have some degree of dry eye so any progress is better than none. I feel really good and I'm glad I had this procedure. Hope this helps.
          Im happy that you found something that works. Im interested in trying out the Prokera lenses myself. Did you do both eyes at once and how long did you leave the lenses in? Did you ever take them out during bed time or showers? Also if you dont mind answering, did your insurance cover the cost, did you have to pay much out of pocket?

Comment

Amber2 How are you doing now? Are the effects from your prokera still working?

Comment

Working...
            X