This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serum Dosing Question

I am on 100% serum drops, every 4 hours alternating with PF OTC drops. Once I put in the OTC drops, the drops physically hurt or dry me out worse for about 60 minutes. After roughly 60 minutes, I start to feel OK.

Should I ask my doctor to dilute to a 75%-85% solution so I can dose more frequently with the serum drops (like every 2 hours) and less frequently with the OTC drops? If you’re on these drops, you know that if you’re on 100%, they can only draw enough blood for about 1 month’s supply dosing somewhat infrequently.

Wondering if more frequent diluted dosing is better than staying on 100% serum. I’ve been on the serum for about 3 weeks now. I’ve improved a bit, but not enough to leave the house, yet.

I see my doctor next week. I’ve only been prescribed the serum, no other steroids or antibiotics.

What should I do next or just ride it out? I understand it takes about 3-6 months to see true results so maybe I just need more patience (which is hard when you’re hurting and have turned a bit reclusive). Oh, and I was told only to use TheraTears because my eyes were salty. PF TheraTears Eye Drops are OK, but PF TheraTears Liquid Gel feels like acid, incredibly painful. Is this because it's a gel and my nerve endings are sensitive? I'm post-lasik 8 years.

Advice sorely needed and appreciated.
    Last edited by Cali; 17-Aug-2012, 16:53.
Working...
X