X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serum drops diary

11/07/2005, 1:48 AM.

finally! my serum drops have been prepared and i started using them exactly 10 seconds ago lol. the liquid is clear and quite "dense" or "heavy" it has the same texture as oily water is the best way i can describe it. so far no noticable changes as far as pain or dryness.

ill be mentioning any changes, improvements or indications with this therapy here.

by Homes:
    finally! my serum drops have been prepared and i started using them exactly 10 seconds ago lol.
    How exciting!! Thank you so much for starting a 'diary thread'! I know so little about serum drops I will be thrilled to read anything you write about your experience.

Good luck and please keep posting, Homes .
    Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

12/07/2005, 04:35 PM.
      dosage: two drops each eye a day.

the drops feel very cold to the eye because i keep them in a fridge. today i've noticed some minor improvements; i feel less pain throughout the day and my eyes have become whiter. also when i apply the drops, the thick texture is very soothing to the surface and i "feel" the drops for a good half an hour.

now i don't know if it's the drops that are working or if its mere power of suggestion.

will keep you posted.

Comment

Thanks for the updates. I know we are all anxiously waiting to hear how it goes. I certainly hope this helps you!

Comment

13/07/2005, 08:00 PM.

besides morning discomfort (itching and redness) i acually experienced NO PAIN today! not even marginal! this is the first time since the latest onset of my dry eye symptoms 4 months ago. so far so good!

Comment

That's terrific!!! So pleased to hear it. Thanks for keeping us updated.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Sounds great Homes.

If the power of suggestion were at play in our dry eye cases, then all the other insane little things we do to improve our conditions would have helped, too. I think there could be something to those serum drops. Keep reporting the good news to us. You're giving a lot of people hope and we are happy for you. Just...ya know...keep yer shirt on.

Diana
              Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Concerning diary dates and updates

Dear readers in the USA: If you were raised like me to write a date in numbers using the sequence of Month/Day/Year <which actually doesn't make a lot of logical sense!>, you may have found the dates in this diary disconcerting because they are written as Day/Month/Year . . . so at first it looked to my "American" eyes as though homes started writing to us on November 7th (in my typical writing style, 11/07) instead of on July 11th (07/11). There's no need for homes to change his way of writing dates, but I wanted to mention the difference in notation style because this is a diary posted on an international forum.

Dear homes: I am reading your diary with great interest. Good for you, not only for your persistence in acquiring the drops despite some obstacles, but also in giving us a daily report so far. I look forward to your regular updates!

Comment

thanks for the encouragement guys, im really excited about this therapy. but with the obvious unpredictability of dry eye im trying not get too excited. for all i know, im just having a good few days only to relapse next week. but then again, im a hopeless pessimist lol. im keeping my fingers crossed.

sorry for the european date arrangement, it's indeed day/month/year.

Comment

15/07/2005, 3:21 PM.

my eyes are a little uncomfortable again today, but still a milestone away from the pain i experienced prior to the serum drops. also i get great relief when i apply them because of its thick quality.

my eyes "look" healthier than ever as well. for as long as i remember i've been looking like a druggie (mind you i smoke pot.. sometimes ) but lately my eyes have been expceptionally WHITE. so there's also the cosmetic benefit.

ill keep you updated.

Comment

i just wanted to mention that the drops do stain my eyes a little (a faint yellow) but the color goes away after about 20 minutes.

Comment

17/07/2005, 4:02PM

well there isn't much to add really, other than some little irritation in the morning my eyes are more comfortable than they have been in months.. my lids aren't sticky anymore, and both pain and redness have subdued greatly. i have been living a reasonably "normal" life for the past week without having to think about my eye condition 24/7!

i also like to mention that im taking topical steroid for my conjunctivitis, and applying lid therapy on a daily basis.. so perhaps that's helping as well.

Comment

Originally posted by homes
                          17/07/2005, 4:02PM
                          i also like to mention that im taking topical steroid for my conjunctivitis, and applying lid therapy on a daily basis.. so perhaps that's helping as well.

Whoops!

DrG

Comment

Originally posted by DrG
                            Whoops!

DrG
                            you lost me.

ive had a conjunctivitis problem for 2 months now and have been taking steroid drops on a regular basis (and constant eye pressure tests).. but i only found relief recently with serum drops.. however im not counting out the effects of the topical treatment on my eyes and its only ethical to mention them as well.

ps> i don't appreciate your conceited under tone. we appreciate that there's a doctor on this site, believe me it's much needed. but you don't have to be obnoxious and judgemental about it.

Comment

Originally posted by homes
                              you lost me.

ive had a conjunctivitis problem for 2 months now and have been taking steroid drops on a regular basis (and constant eye pressure tests).. but i only found relief recently with serum drops.. however im not counting out the effects of the topical treatment on my eyes and its only ethical to mention them as well.

ps> i don't appreciate your conceited under tone. we appreciate that there's a doctor on this site, believe me it's much needed. but you don't have to be obnoxious and judgemental about it.
                              Sorry about that, Holmes. I had no idea that you would take my comment in that vein (I thought you had a sense of humor). However, your admission is very important as it does confound the results. I can make any eye look and feel better with enough steroids.

However, what is important is that YOU can tell the difference, and I don't think that anybody will be dissuaded to try autologous serum drops, nor should they, because of this.

DrG

Comment

Working...
                              X