Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anybody recommend a good humidifier?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet More Humidifier Advice

Hi all,
    Thought I'd describe my own humidifier experiences. Initially I went the cheap route-I bought a Hunter evaporative humidifier from Wal-Mart for $39.95. It works.....but takes a while to affect the humidity of the room. It is also somewhat noisy, so not really ideal for sleeping with. I now keep it downstairs. The next step was to buy an Air-O-Swiss Ultrasonic unit for my mother who, alas has Sjogren's, and I was so impressed with the unit that I decided to get one for myself. I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond where I thought they were sold, but they were all out. I ended up getting a Venta-Sonic instead for 99.00 and have been very happy with it so far. Its easy to clean, has built in microbial protection and is almost silent. If you have it in a reasonably small room and you crank it up, you can almost get it to rain in there!
    Also of note, somewhere on www.weather.com there is a automatic conversion chart where you can enter the out side temp/humididity and what you set your thermostat to. It will then give you an estimated relative indoor humidity, which, in the winter, can be shockingly low. I'm talking like 10-12% That's like the Sahara desert, and I think we can agree that no one with dry eyes wants to live there!

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
      I'm talking like 10-12% That's like the Sahara desert, and I think we can agree that no one with dry eyes wants to live there!
      Hi Eli! I live in the Southwest USA where the humidity in the summertime can be lower than that! My eyes are very dry, but somehow I can live here. I don't think people should be so scared of low humidity climates----I think the eyes adapt as least somewhat. Dry climate has some advantages, too.
      C66-Dry Defender

Comment

Wow

My god
        I'm glad to hear it doesn't bother you as much as I thought it would. Hot dry air seems to be more comfortable to the body than hot wet air. I can vouch for this because i used to work on race cars in south Florida. Perhaps better for dry eyes, but miserable for everything else!
        Best Regards
        Eli

Comment

Working...
        X