Panoptx update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panoptx update

For those who are planning any Panoptx purchases - some updates.

Panoptx are in the middle of a major revamp of their product line. Several items have been discontinued and some others have been renamed. This information is NOT reflected on Panoptx website yet. It will take a little while before I can get it thoroughly updated in The Dry Eye Shop because they have not yet provided new pictures, but I'll at least try to get framstyle names and lens/frame availability updated shortly.

Here are the changes that affect products popular with dry eye patients (products that have the full thickness Orbital Seal foam lining):

Changes to Velocity CV styles:

KONA is gone.
    RAPTOR is now called BORA and is unchanged except the temples (some cosmetic difference, same fit though)
    SIROCCO is now called CHURADA, changes ditto.
    DIABLO remains available but only in black chrome frame.
    SOLANO remains available. (I never had this on our site but will add it - it's a woman's style.

Changes to Velocity FX styles:

CHUBASCO is gone.
    CHINOOK is gone.
    VIENTO is still available but only in matte black frame.
    CYCLONE is still available but only in matte black frame.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

I'm sick of matte black.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Yeah

Has anybody here tried the Solano? I need to get one to try on. It's got a removeable gasket, but kinda looks more like Viento styling. Comes in jade and tortoise.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I might consider trying something when it gets closer to spring maybe...

Comment

The new models with frame/lens options are all uploaded to the store, along with some good-sized pictures.

Check them out in the shop; also, highlights of changes at this thread.

I like the new dark tortoise frames and the new foam insert that makes light-adjusting lenses darker for outdoors, for all us photophobes. Haven't tried the Whirlwind frame yet.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

wider range of Rx yet available in Panoptyx?

Just got back from a Panoptyx dealer in Ohio, and the products look gorgeous. . .Unfortunately, Panoptyx lenses can still not be made even in my distance correction, let alone in a more complex progressive. Does anyone sense that Panoptyx may soon be expanding its Rx range? If not, has anyone gotten something almost as lovely as the Panoptyx with inner cup/foam, in strong distance prescriptions, and/or with a progressive lens? (I have RecSpecs with my progressive and strong Rx, but they look like monster glasses. . .People have literally been scared by me, when I wear these. . .Alas. . .) Thank Divinity for custom moisture chambers. . .in the interim. . .
            <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Question here..

So are you saying that the Panoptx are NOT available in a progressive lens?

Billye

Comment

They are available in progressives. Lucy (the other Lucy that is) has them. But the range of prescriptions is quite limited, and varies by framestyle. SunRay Optical can do some more complex prescriptions, though I don't know what their range is.

Sorry Rozjen I just saw this post... I have not heard anything from Panoptx about a wider range of prescriptions but I will ask next time I talk to them.
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

R-

In looking back at this thread, I see Solano mentioned. Is there a site for this eyewear? I'm so desperate to get out of my matte black frames. I need something new. Almost everything done in a goggle is "extreme sporty". I just can't take it anymore!!!

D

Comment

Originally posted by dianat
                    R-

In looking back at this thread, I see Solano mentioned. Is there a site for this eyewear? I'm so desperate to get out of my matte black frames. I need something new. Almost everything done in a goggle is "extreme sporty". I just can't take it anymore!!!

D
                    Try this link. Select frame/lens to see a pic with that combo (although not every combination is available - see the list at the bottom of the page).

I really like the Solano - more so than my old Siroccos. Also, the Sirocco (now reincarnated as Churada) is nicer than it was.
                    Rebecca Petris
                    The Dry Eye Foundation
                    dryeyefoundation.org
                    800-484-0244

Comment

By the way... IMHO the dark tortoise frames are beautiful. I like them better than any other color offered before. I think that the current product line update - while it's missing some things we dry eye folks want (like clear lenses for the office without having to pay for the photochromic type, sigh) suggests they're noticing more demand from women who want them for something other than biking.
                      Rebecca Petris
                      The Dry Eye Foundation
                      dryeyefoundation.org
                      800-484-0244

Comment

Panoptx fit

Has anyone tried tightening or loosening the ends of the arms on their glasses? I have one pair that hurts my temples after a bit, another that falls down my nose if I jump up and down. I got them all at different places and thought I'd try to fix them myself. I think they heat them (in hot water??) and then do it...

Thanks!
                        Elaine

Comment

Solano

This is for Lucy,
                          Here is the Solano CV. : http://www.panoptx.com/html/va_pages...617_solano.htm

I'm hoping to get a pair of them ordered tomorrow. No more glasses with bug chasers on the side.

Billye

Comment

Yay!!! I'm getting new glasses

Hey all,
                            I'm so excited. I saw an optician today in the Dallas, Texas area. If anyone wants his name and address, PM me. He is trained to fit Panoptx glasses. I'm getting the new Solano in the Night/Day lens. I'm to have them in about 2 weeks. This is a big event for me and we're celebrating with a McDonald's dinner.

Billye

Comment

Billye, I predict you'll love the Panoptx and wonder how you managed without them!!!!!!!!

Rebecca: I agree about the tortoise shell frames. When you pay this much for something, sometimes style/color must take a back seat. Wearing thick glasses my whole life, and wearing a kid's size frame really limited my choice of frames. As an adult, I can't tell you how often I was "stuck" with tortoise frames, but it was always the best for my coloring (hair, skin etc.).

I think the jade frames are lovely, but wonder if you'd almost have to be a redhead to wear those swiftly. Or, if you're a kid like Diana, you can get away with most anything and look good.

Lucy
                              Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
                              X