Participants needed for Micro-Env Glasses survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Participants needed for Micro-Env Glasses survey

Dr. Richard Yee, inventor of the SeeFit Micro-environment Glasses (MEGs) that are now in pre-production development, is seeking DES people for participation in his market research survey. The survey queries how one foresees using a product like the MEGs, and whether one likes/dislikes the design features shown in the survey text. Please consider participating and helping to shape our future. The product looks beautiful, and it will function like an off-the-shelf moisture chamber spectacle that is stronger, MUCH easier to clean, and MUCH easier to replace parts for than are custom-made moisture chamber glasses. . .I'm enthused (:^). . .but please let your own particular preferences be known. Link and related info. follows:

Consumer Survey [re: MEGs]: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...t8EKPUVA_3d_3d

Instructions: Simply click on the applicable hyperlink to take the survey. If the hyperlink does not work, please copy and paste the link rather than trying to retype the link.
    <Doggedly Determined>

Hi Rojzen,

Sorry if I'm confusing things but just to make sure as many people as possible see this, I've moved it into the Open Forum. And I'd like to encourage EVERYONE to participate if you can possibly spare 10 minutes... it's a unique opportunity to tell 'em what we want!
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Good find Rojzen! I'm pretty good at finding this stuff, but I must have missed this one!

Eli

Comment

great move

Thank you, Rebecca, for moving the survey to where it will be spotted fastest. . .And thank you thank you, Eli, for the congrats. . .It took, however, no ingenuity on my part to find the survey. . .Rebecca found Dr. Yee and his SeeFit project, upon which I started pestering him about the MEGs. . .(The MEGs may turn out to be a perfect upgrade for my moisture chambers, because I can't wear Panoptyx or Wileys (my prescriptions are too strong), and my moisture chambers are a little fragile and can be made only in locations I have to fly to. . .i.e., I have a great deal of self-interest invested

Anyway. . .Can't wait to see what direction Dr. Yee's firm takes next. . .
        <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready

I took the survey, I have been terribly disappointed in my Panoptx with the noline bifocals. The doc I bought them from didn't tell me that the style I had chosen didn't have enough room for my full prescription so the bifocal part is so small that it's really not useable. I want a normal pair of glasses. I'm so ready for these thing. I paid $500 plus a $175 eye exam for the panoptxs. I'd be willing to pay it again for these.

Keep us posted.

Billye

Comment

did the survey

i just completed the survey and is very excited about the prospect of it. i currently use panoptx for outdoors. although it provides me relative relief but i find it very hot and tight around the eye orbit but if i loosen the headband it sort of defeats the "goggle-protection" purpose. i am wondering how insulated are these MEGs because there's no wrap around features to it to ensure the fit is constant. does anyone know how they manage to provide that tight seal?

chris c

Comment

that gasket will have to be large and soft, perhaps

I, too, wonder whether the seal produced by the MEG gaskets will be tight enough, since they shall be standardized. . .Possibly if they are a bit more extended ("longer") than necessary, and a little soft/pressable, they will provide a good seal. . .I've been trying to compare their shape to my moisture chambers, and there are similarities and differences. . .Still, since few opticians can produce perfect seals even in custom Eagle Vision vinyl, one has to be optimistic about the efficacy of the MEGs. . .We shall see. . .I have no idea, btw, how these will be distributed. . .Let's hope they appear nationwide. . .and soon. . .
              <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Rojzen for posting this. I wonder how long it will be before they get these on the market?

dryeyes2

Comment

Silverlady said:

I took the survey, I have been terribly disappointed in my Panoptx with the noline bifocals. The doc I bought them from didn't tell me that the style I had chosen didn't have enough room for my full prescription so the bifocal part is so small that it's really not useable
                  This was quite a jump through many hoops to come out with my Panoptx with progressive bifocals that fit. The optical shop in with my ophth would not even measure me because it wasn't their product. I went across town to a different ophth office and had their employee measure me. Iwas lucky because they were doing me a huge favor at no charge. They were not even involved in the transaction, therefore no $.

It's hard to bring all the corners together getting bifocals in Panoptx.

I was lucky. Also, the glasses mentioned above sound great. The more the better, competition is good.

Lucy
                  Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Hi Silverlady,

I suggest to buy a Panoptx frame cheap from internet and then use WALMART optics to put your prescription in. You'll like it.
                    You can use high index noline. Check their prices in store.

All best!

George

Originally posted by Silverlady
                    I took the survey, I have been terribly disappointed in my Panoptx with the noline bifocals. The doc I bought them from didn't tell me that the style I had chosen didn't have enough room for my full prescription so the bifocal part is so small that it's really not useable. I want a normal pair of glasses. I'm so ready for these thing. I paid $500 plus a $175 eye exam for the panoptxs. I'd be willing to pay it again for these.

Keep us posted.

Billye

Comment

Not sure I understand

Hi George,
                      I thought to wear the no line Panoptx with the foam liner in it, you had to be fitted by a panoptx dealer. That is what I did. I drove almost 60 miles (one way) to do this.

I thought I read on here that the foam gasket will not seal if you don't have the factory do it. I also wear a 3.75 bifocal.

Billye

Comment

I don't know for sure but I think there are few places that will do these wraparound lenses in Rx or at any rate that can do a good job with them. Most people I know that got them, got them directly from Panoptx or from the HeavyGlare place (in Minnesota I think?). At any rate, wrap lenses in a high Rx remain a huge problem for dry eye patients.

I'm so sorry Billye that they panotpx didn't work out after all that trouble and expense!!!
                        Rebecca Petris
                        The Dry Eye Foundation
                        dryeyefoundation.org
                        800-484-0244

Comment

Hi Silverlady,

You can have the prescription done in other places.
                          The ones I got from Panoptx were not with high index, only polycarbonate. These lenses were very thick due to my prescription (5).
                          When I asked them why not using 1.6 index or higher they said it's not safe for riding a motorcycle (their own standard). I got my lenses removed and now I have high index, very thin lenses done in WALL MART.
                          Try to remove the foam gasket and take a look at the lenses. The foam gasket seals by touching the frame not through lenses.
                          There's nothing special.

All best !!

George

Originally posted by Silverlady
                          Hi George,
                          I thought to wear the no line Panoptx with the foam liner in it, you had to be fitted by a panoptx dealer. That is what I did. I drove almost 60 miles (one way) to do this.

I thought I read on here that the foam gasket will not seal if you don't have the factory do it. I also wear a 3.75 bifocal.

Billye

Comment

George, this is great advice. I had to go through a bunch of stuff to get my RX progressive Panoptx. One eye is -4.50. I'd never thought of Walmart. Duh.
                            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Must Panoptyx lens be curved?

I'm intrigued by George and Lucy's discussion about having Panoptyx frames (possibly these need not be Panoptyx, per se. . .but any sport frame with gaskets/foam) filled with lenses ordered through Walmart. . .If, George, you've been able to get a high-index lens placed in to the Panoptyx frames, does this mean that the lens isn't curved, but is, instead, flat in front, and then beveled so that its base fits within the curved frame? In other words, are the front surfaces of those lenses flat, like regular lenses?

I'm increasingly a fan of Walmart's, even in the face of the various economic analyses that suggest that it is bullying both retailers and manufacturers everywhere. . .If, in fact, its optical shops are as creative as this new scenario makes them seem, I'm in awe. . .

This would surely solve the distortion problem that plagues those order curved lenses in strong prescriptions. .

And progressives would also be no problem, regardless of Rx. . .

Thanks, guys!
                              <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Working...
                              X