MEGs (micro-environment glasses)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rojzen View Post
    I have a pair of MEGs I'm planning to fill with my own Rx soon. . .As a veteran of custom moisture chambers, I can say that the MEGs compare favorably to my custom chambers in terms of the coverage they provide, though they provide less coverage around the bottom of the lens than did my custom moisture chambers. (I'm not rushing to have the MEGs made up for me because I don't use protective eyewear much anymore, after my dramatic success with Dwelle.)

In my case, the MEGs are HUGELY less expensive than custom chambers, since my opticians always tacked on about $300 extra just to put EagleVision chambers on the glass frames. . .

I have a strong distance prescription, but since have not yet asked an optician to make new lenses for my MEGs, I don't know what the response will be. . .I'm optimistic that at least polycarbonates can be made up to withstand the holes that need to be punched for mounting on the frame. . .

EagleVision's cost US$300?

MEG would be a choose that it last longer and you can change to another lens.
    Optician says making the high index lens to fit in the moisture shield is no problem, with $$$ there's no any problem

But finally, I made my own MCG myself
    Now under testing...

Comment

Shield price varies wildly

Oh . . I so hope I have not scared anyone off of moisture chambers because of my own peculiar experience having to pay a high fee to have these made. . .Just from reading posts here, I know that there are opticians who charge next to nothing to add the EagleVision shields to frames, and so I hope that people inclined to try the moisture chambers will go ahead and find a good optician to work on these, for a fair fee. . .Making one's own MCG is a GREAT idea, moreover! Our Dotanne in Australia did this a while ago, and I recall she did a great job! Why not? Making moisture chambers is an art, rather than science, and I believe that trying to rig up a pair is well worth the effort, if one has the tools. . .
      <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

MEGs

Hi everybody,

I have a pair of MEGs that I've been using for awhile, and I love them. There has not been much feedback on MEGs on the dry eye zone, so I'm hoping this will help! I use them when I study late at night, and I think it increases my studying time. I'm doing an internship right now, and I've been wearing my MEGs while I sit at the computer. I can take off the goggle part and wear them as regular glasses. As far as fitting goes, I have a rounder face with big cheeks, so the unisex pair works well for me. I recommend these glasses because of the versatility. If you're worried about the look, just take off the goggle part when you're not at your desk or don't need the moisture for your eyes. I consider my red MEGs a fashion statement!

Comment

Working...
        X