This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using cosmetic foam with Tranquileyes goggles

I sent an inquiry to Eyeeco (the maker of Tranquileyes) about using other generic type foam with the goggles. I got this reply back:

"On the topic of foam, thanks for the thread. The goggle, regardless of foam, is required to allow the heat or cold to be prolonged as well as for comfort and portability (sort of hard to sit-up without the goggles).
    When using it with warm water, the chamber allows us to maintain a humidity level high enough to prevent evaporation of all moisture on the cornea (either created or topically applied) for up to 40 minutes (assuming no thermoeyes). Even though it feels like it is cooling, it is still working because of the outer shell of the goggle. Just using foam (which it appears is one of the topics discussed) is really no different than a wash cloth.

Substituting make-up foam for the visco elastic foam pad inserts is possible. The precaution is to make sure that they are latex free. We use the visco elastic because it conforms using body heat. Additionally, the density allows us to keep moisture in while still allowing for the foam to breathe.

Many of the make-up foams are high density which means bacteria can form more readily - they don't breathe. If someone is disposing of the inner pads that they are soaking after every use, make-up foam is just fine. I wouldn't try changing out the outer ring that adheres to the goggle though... the adhesive we use is very special and designed for the eye area. If someone were to start applying glue to the eye cover to try and stick makeup foam on it, the fumes could be very irritating."

I know a lot of testing has been done on this product and the foam, as I do a lot of the trial runs with the samples. I would conclude that I would not feel safe substituting a different foam in the center of the goggles. I have no affiliation with the company.
    Billye

Comment

Working...
    X