This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems sleeping due to dry eye / waking at night

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm waking numerous times in the night to put drops or goop into my eyes because they feel like sandpaper.

I'm currently using Tranquil Eyes at night with moisturized pads (I found that 2 of the smaller white pads in each goggle is most comfortable) and I use the bikini. Until about last month, I was using a simple eye mask and Refresh PM or the Systane night gel. The goggles definitely work better for me.

In the last 2 weeks, I stopped using the Refresh PM for Genteal or just regular viscous drops (like Celluvisc or Theratears) but the problem remains the same no matter what I do.

I have virtually no tears and my oil (gland) function is poor. It doesn't seem to matter if I take prescription sleeping pills or not, I wake at night. I know lack of sleep can't be making my eyes better and it's certainly not helping my mood or functionality during the day.

Any suggestions to get me through the night?

Hello, PotatoCakes.

It may seem counter-intuitive, but it may be worth it to try your TranquilEyes dry at night. I found that simple water throws off the balance of moisture in my eyes, and once I used the TranquilEyes dry, after using Genteal Gel, things worked a lot better for me.

Hope this personal experience helps,
    Liz

Comment

Thank you! I will try that tonight.

Comment

Working...
      X