Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi any alternative ideas to keep eyes moist at night as cant afford tranquileyes

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found one link for a no-frills sleep mask (airline style) for 1.69. Scroll down a ways and you'll see it. Shipping will probably cost a lot more than the mask . A travel accessories store ought to carry something like this though.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Guys (and gals) don't afraid to be innovative. A plain old bandaid over the eye will keep it shut for the night. Now---if you need special instructions on how to accomplish this, you'd better not bother trying it.

TAPE WILL DO THE SAME THING. Not scotch tape. Not duct tape.
      Medical tape, the kind you might tape a bandage on with. If you need a lot of explanation about what this is, you'd better not try it either.

Just offering some practical ideas with some stuff you probably have on hand. Like I said, if you're the kind of person who can't understand how to put a bandaid over the eye, don't try it. I'm thinking PhD types might just not grasp simple ideas.

A mask is best, but I have taped an eye shut many times and it works. It may take a little skin off with removal, but my eyes hurt so much, this just works as a little side distraction. I also keep in my medicine cabinet some eye patches which are made for kids. They are single use and disposable in a band-aid type product. Peel off the back and stick em on. Go look in the pharmacy department--with bandages, bandaids, etc.
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Thats what puts me off using tape and the like. I really dont want to get up in the morning with bald eyelids with bits of skin missing.

For the Guy, Ben? who was looking for a sleep mask (not pink) Boots do a soft one in a dark purple colour - is that more acceptable? Bit more manly than a glittery pink one anyway.

Magellans.co.uk do supply a couple of different masks but they are still shipped from overseas and mine took much onger to arrive than the tranquileyes I bought from here so theres not much difference really.

Comment

innovation

Susie

dark purple sounds like a most acceptable alternative to pink. I will go look in boots to see if i can find this one.

For anyone who wants a bit of a giggle however, seen as though innovation was on the menu, and being a bloke, this was a challenge...read on

Determination to be the A team of makeshift eye nightwear lead me to a pillow case. Once i had cut out what i felt was quite a decent goggle mask shape, with enough to tie behind the head, i stuck two cotton pads where my eyes would be. Gloop in the eyes! Sleep! Ureka, what an effort! Even stayed in place.

I just hope the ex girlfriend who bought the bed stuff doesn't come back looking for it, not quite sure how i'd explain that one.

Off to boots!!!

cheers
          ben

Comment

Ben, I was going to suggest a men's large cotton handkerchief. The kind people use as dewrags. I thought you'd think it was silly if I suggested you use it as a blindfold.
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
            X