This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
    send the goggle to Eye Eco so they can pre-treat it with an activator before applying foam.
    Hmm, sounds like I'd have to be without my goggles to do that. I'll think about it.

Calli

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post

As for making it available despite the foam problem, I want to comment on this:

I run the dry eye shop as a service, because I want to meet real needs, and I wouldn't continue selling something I know to be defective just to make money. Tranquileyes is one of the most important products on the market for dry eye and I work with a large number of people around the country and world who are totally dependent on these goggles. The foam problem affected only some foam, not all. If I have to choose between (a) discontinuing a product of this importance till it's perfect, and (b) continuing to sell it while trying to keep people informed and helping motivated users with workarounds, providing replacements for any defective parts, etc, I'm always going to pick (b). If this bothers people all I can say is I'm sorry.
      Keep doing what you're doing Rebecca! I think anyone who's been reading these forums for a while will know you're truly doing your best to provide uniquely useful products.

And regarding making money, this site has been such a godsend to me that I think you deserve every penny you make from it... there's nothing wrong with your getting something back for all the time and hard work you've put into this site!

Comment

You are so sweet! Thanks for the nice note. - This is my fifth year running the business and I think next year if all goes well the company might actually start creeping into the black. Natural entrepreneur I ain't.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

This site has been a God sent for me too-- here I received the advice and information that has helped me more than all the doctors I have visited, and helped the doctors take better care of me...So all the money that I have spent on hospitals and doctors did not help much compared to the help I received from this site-- thank you Rebecca, God is working through you to help so many suffering people...

Comment

Tranquil Goggle Foam Pads

I have had a similar experience with the foam pads detaching after the first week. Disappointing, but I do feel benefits from wearing these at night. I don't know if it is harmful to me or my goggles, but I used black eye lash adhesive to reglue the foam pad on. I figured it is made to be near your eyes, so I glued the foam back on and it worked! I haven't tried to take it off yet, but I don't think it will be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Baker View Post
              One has to wonder if the benefits of tranquileyes can't be delivered another way, and the store stop carrying these products. I am not interested in returning them, purchasing more faulty adhesive, and so forth--too bad there isn't a smily for lazy. But, it's Christmas, lots to do.
              I bought the Tranquileyes, and tried them out. Couldn't tolerate the pressure on the eyes from the foam inserts, and one of the "rings" detached with adhesive failure after only two days (and the replacements I had ordered as "spare" didn't last much better). Major disappointment with poor quality and poor design.

So, I went down to my local sporting goods store, and bought a pair of Speedo swim goggles. Then to my local drugstore for cotton makeup "rounds". Punched a few holes around the sides of the individual "eye ports" of the Speedos so as not to impede oxygen getting to the eye surface. Pressed the cotton rounds down onto the lens(es) of the goggles. Loosened the straps so they "just" maintain contact with the skin. Wet down the cotton pads, and went to bed

End result. This rig works FAR better than Tranquileyes. They are also easier to clean (toss out the cotton rounds, wipe the goggles with hydrogen peroxide to disinfect). Get occasional skin irritation, but if it happens I rub on a little "Aquophore" ointment.

They're actually quite comfortable at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemia
                The same thing happened to me - the foam no longer sticks after second use. I know it looks tacky, but in the South we use duct tape for everything. So I put a piece of tape on the outside around the foam and attached it to the goggles and it has never moved ever since.
                Genius! Why didn't I think of that!?

Thanks for the tip

BTW my two cents worth is that the foam is prone to come away prematurely if the foam inserts are not used as there is less 'support' for the surrounding foam and it gets pushed around more.

But duct tape is the answer for me!
                The magic gloop IS out there somewhere - right?

Comment

Working...
                X