X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• farmgirl
    commented on 's reply
    It is my understanding that if you are going to do probing it would be done before lipiflow or IPL.

As regards Doxy make sure you take a good probiotic to replenish the gut bacteria during the course of your treatment. The last thing you need is digestive problems to go along with your dry eyes

Guest commented on 's reply
    Yeah, Google a video on blinking exercises...I think that would help you better than reading the explaination here. The first 3 days I did it I had a huge headache. I didn't realize how atrophied my eyelids were. Good luck, hope you find some relief!

• Italyboy
    commented on 's reply
    Hey guys , this is unreal , I’m learning more here than my doctors lol ...

the doctor who did LIPIVIEW doesn’t even mention about my blinking rate lol .. I don’t even know till now that this could be the problem ...

and YES , I used to play 12 h at PC and wearing contact Lenses. Than I did Lasik and all was even worst .

Unfortunately I already did IPL (3 times ) with no result , also I did blephasteam for 1 year , I can feel the oil comes out but didn’t really help me that Much .

Do you guys have any blinking exercise that is really good to share ? Or I just google on YouTube ? I have started to use Donald Korb apps but I feel I’m not doing it the right way ...

also so so you guys think that is better to try lipiflow before probing ?

and also about doxy, you think I need to follow some specific diet or atleast stop drinking milk or it doesn’t matters .

Thanks !

I

• bobXfr
    commented on 's reply
    You are a partial blinker, you really close your eye 1 time every 18 blink in the left eye and only 3 times every 14 on the left.So, i think you wear contact lenses and you use a lot screens, isn't it ?
    So , blinking exercise warm compress or blephasteam and maybe lipiflow can help.
    if you decide to do lipiflow, do it only to one eye to see if it help before to do it to the second one.
    good luck!

• pythonidler
    commented on 's reply
    My thoughts:

1. Your Lipiview shows some gland dropout (death), but it seems you still have most of your glands. Your biggest problem right now is that you're a partial blinker. You should try doing blinking exercises frequently (at least 15-20 times a day), to see if that helps. Because blinking exercises are free, they're the single cheapest treatment for MGD out there.
    2. I don't think you can really have "too much" oil. If you have MGD, your problem is that you're not producing enough oil, or the quality of the oil isn't good enough.
    3. I would follow your doctor's suggestion to try doxycycline. It could really help your MGD - IF bacteria along your lid margin are causing a lot of your inflammation.
    4. Probing is a really advanced option for MGD. Only people who have exhausted many, many other treatment options should try probing. If doxycycline, blinking exercises, and a warm compress together don't help, THEN you can consider doing something like Lipiflow or Intense Pulsed Light (IPL). And only after you've tried Lipiflow once or twice and IPL three times should you consider probing.

• Italyboy
    replied
    Hey guys , I’m Andrea I suffer from dry eyes - MGD / blepharitis ( Posterior ) I’m 25 years old .

the only things that helped me a bit is optimel manuka honey drops and pensulvit gel .

So my new doctor said that I produced too much oil , which is kinda strange because I did LIPIVIEW and it show that my glands are blocked plus some are dead .

he raccomands to also start oral doxycycline 100 mg.

my question is : it is better to try probing ( ****** ) to unblock the glands ( in that case some good response about it are welcome ).

or is better to do lipiflow ? Also lipiflow is less invasive , and I heard that

PROBING could damage your glands ... is that true ?

I already did LIPIVIEW . And it shows this
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• fernellen
    commented on 's reply
    Went to gym (lost strength and endurance, working on getting it back despite sticky feeling and some discomfort) appetite coming back; continuing regimen; not ready for travel yet. This was a big set back.

• fernellen
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. I have a five week appt with optometrist. started lid scrubs and warm compresses when everything went south. If improvement stays at this, I will be satisfied. I don’t expect miracles. Disease is at stage 2 1/2. I am hoping the lipiflow and post care will slow negative progress

• Rebecca Petris
    commented on 's reply
    Couple of tips to keep in mind if you go ahead:
    • It can be awhile (like a few weeks) before benefits show up.
    • Make sure your actual MG condition is monitored in the months following. I know that ultimately we do all these things in order to feel betterl... but judging solely by how you feel can cause you to miss what's really going on.

• fernellen
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks; there is no burning, a lot of sticky. I am continuing the hot and cold compresses and lid washes.

• Glucoa
    commented on 's reply
    I had Lipiflow performed two years ago ($1400 for both eyes in Southern California) and I didn't notice any significant difference. This may have been due to scar tissue buildup in my glands. However, I would consider the procedure again if it drops below $800 here for both eyes.

Wish you the best with your progress!

• fernellen
    commented on 's reply
    Had lipiflow treatment; waiting for results; hoping for the best

• fernellen
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. I am really miserable after so long dealing with it and it getting worse

• shakenbake
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. I’m a big fan. I get it done twice a year.

It won’t hurt so there’s no downside in trying.

• fernellen
    commented on 's reply
    12 years post cataract surgery in right eye. MG atrophying in both eyes. Just started Omega 3 drops -helping. Back to warm and cold compresses. Mornings are tolerable. Afternoons rough. Live in Durham area where there is a lot of lipiflow research. Saw mixed opinions on forum.
Working...
X