X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mbperso
    commented on 's reply
    Hi,
    I confirm Lipiflow does not hurt at all. The heat is very soft. The mask I'm using is warmer !
    I had Lipiflow 3 months ago, and haven't had relief, I think it is because my glands were already opened.
    I did it because of an irritation that didn't want to go away and to be sure to unclog all glands and to make a deep cleaning.

• waterbee
    commented on 's reply
    i had lipiflow done in 2015, i was told before hand i wasn't a great patient for it as my glands not blocked (very open) i just had no oil and they didn't know why that was. i went ahead and had one eye done because there was a small chance there was a blockage deep down and it couldn't been scene. i was willing to try anything at that point! so i went ahead and did it.
    i only did one eye treated so i could compare it to the other to know if it was worth it. my eyes where VERY painful and i was worried about the treatment. how ever as many have said above it was pain free and quite soothing.
    Now, at the time both my eyes where constantly red (and had been for many months) and with in a few days the redness in the eye that had been treated went down so much it was almost gone, but the dryness and pain for for me did not feel major difference. (also about 5 months later, the redness in the other eye also went away by its self.) even to this day when my eyes are tested one comes out 1-2 points higher in TBUT and thats the eye i had treated, so i believe it did help even if i didn't feel it afterwards. i did not go back and have the other eye treated as it wasn't worth it for me personally.
    I would go ahead and do it how ever if you have blocked glands, all the reading i did on it before hand showed me there are some who have great success with it, i really hope it helps you. i always knew it was a risk me trying it, but it was some thing i just needed to try at the time to stop me thinking about it being the answer.
    Last edited by waterbee; 29-Dec-2017, 19:11.

• okhuskerfan
    commented on 's reply
    I just got it done for the first time today. I have several glands missing and the ones I have left are damaged. No scar tissue.

Painless procedure that was actually quite relaxing. Now we will see if it works! Also on 2500mg of Omega 3 per day and lodemax, all started today. We will see where this goes.

• dede29
    commented on 's reply
    I have to agree. In my case, the doc applied eye drops that numbed (it works for approx 10 minutes) my eyes. I did not feel anything during the LipiFlow procedure (12 minutes). Towards the end, there was a nice heat feeling.

• Faith1989
    commented on 's reply
    Lipiflow does not hurt at all! It actually feels nice.

• farmgirl
    commented on 's reply
    Your choice but short term discomfort for long term gain seems a better option. For sure it is probably not NEARLY so bad as you perceive it to be and if the therapist worked with you through the scraping I am sure he/she would do the same for the lipiflow procedure.

• sophie0416
    commented on 's reply
    gosh oh im sorry no, I can't. I really can't. I just watched some videos but oh no. I can't stand it.. I really can't. I'm sick to my stomach! they have one with the full procedure. Dear God.. oh no.

Well I guess I'm going to live with dry eye the rest of my life

• farmgirl
    commented on 's reply
    Gosh Sophie if no one responds there are tons of videos. Here is one short one to get you started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBdrrAoGAKs

• sophie0416
    commented on 's reply
    Hi farmgirl! Thank you, you are always so nice. I like to visit this forum because of you : )

please guys soneone tell tell me about lipiflow I want to know how it is, if it hurts? Like what exactly do you feel?

• farmgirl
    commented on 's reply
    No I was thinking that if it is on your waterline it could clog them and cause the styes, not that it has bacteria..

I am so-o-o-o happy that you have started the process. Stay strong you can do this just breath deep and relax. I am very happy for you.

• sophie0416
    commented on 's reply
    Can it be that my makeup has bacteria?.. dang it's super expensive : (...

well anyway, so the procedure they did it's the lid debridement. I can say with confidence that I'm traumatized for life. haha just kidding, but it was really scary!! I actually had nightmares. you can watch youtube videos about it or just google pictures. I freaked out when I saw the tools! I kept moving, I almost cry, I'm all drama! but he was suuuper nice! and worked with me! he said I didn't have any scar tissue just some debris. He actually said he saw something coming out of one of my glands!!! he also tested every single one of them and said that the oil is trying to come out but since they're clogged only a little bit it's coming out.

He recommended Lipiflow ASAP.

I'm suuper scared he said he's the best at doing it and should not worry, but I'm suuper scared. I actually have the money now but I'm scared I'm gonna pay for it and not being able to handle it.!!!!

Did anyone in here got the lipiflow done? how is it? please tell me?

• farmgirl
    commented on 's reply
    Seriously, unless you plastered eyeliner on your waterline it shouldn't cause styes. Bien suerte on that appointment today

• sophie0416
    commented on 's reply
    awnnn I am so happy for you farmgirl! that's the life we all deserve! do what we want, just enjoy not thinking about our eyes or any other condition! : (
    I have to go today, so they will scratch my eyes TODAYYYY, around 5pm. I'll write an update after it happens. Gosh I'm at work it's currently 6am and just to think after my 8 hour shift I have to drive 2 hours to meet him, so I hope it helps.. after this he will tell me if he thinks I need the lipiflow, he said I do need it regardless on how it goes today, but we will try without it for a few days, maybe just unclogging my glands will make me feel better.

By the way, why do you guys think I get styes whenever I use makeup? Needless to say, I remove it all at the end and do not use any eyeliner, it was eyeshadow and mascara.

• farmgirl
    commented on 's reply
    4 stys OMG whoda thunk it could happen so fast. Red eyes = inflammation but hopefully it was worth it.

I am happy that you are moving in the direction of getting the procedure done, do you have a date?

And now for my good news (not to brag or anything)....yesterday, not one drop ALL day until about 11:00 PM, in fact I sorta forgot that I even had a problem AND to boot I wore makeup to an evening church service. OK, not full glam makeup but I did use eyeliner. To top it all off, at the church service I was laughing so hard (one of the little actors in the pageant was so hilarious) that my eyes were watering.and I had to keep daubing them and I was afraid that people would think I was crying.....best Christmas present ever!

• sophie0416
    commented on 's reply
    Dear God.. anything that looks like that near my eyes hahaha I’m gonna cry but whatever I’m gonna do it. I have to actually I already paid more than $400 for it.

I know know I shouldn’t even be posting this since everyone will be like OMG SOPHIE WHAT ARE YOY THINKING! but yesterday for Christmas Eve (Happy Holidays btw) I wore full glam makeup including eyeshadow! (My family is visiting and my sister in law did my makeup)
    so to be honest, my eyes don’t burn anymore when I use it. They just start to get really red after about an hour and I have to start using eye drops. So from around 6pm until 1am I wore full makeup. TODAY, I woke up with at least 4 styes in my waterline!!! 2 in each eye. I deserve it. I just wanted one night not worrying about my eyes, and since we were home I removed it when I wanted, but anyway, I have styes today. I’m using warm compress , eyedrops and my humidifier.
Working...
X