honey on eyelashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
    My lids still look red but I think using ocusoft plus and honey has helped as I can do much more than I used to . Glad to hear it can be resolved. Thanks so much for the info I used to think I was a very attractive girl. Now I have these red rings around my eyes and I don't really feel good about myself anymore.
    Please give me an update in a few days after using the antibacterial soap. Use it at least 2 times a day.

Comment

Are you still feeling normal ? I've been using the antibacterial soap to clean my lids and think it's helping but is to early to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
        Are you still feeling normal ? I've been using the antibacterial soap to clean my lids and think it's helping but is to early to tell.
        Yes, I am still feeling normal. But the real test will come for me on the 3rd of next month. I always had the worst time in the Airport. I will be flying on the 3rd so that will be the ultimate test. If I feel ok in the airport and the plane I will know for sure that I'm 100% cured.

Comment

I am better but am still not "normal" I still need restasis and tears throughout the day. I agree in that I must have staph bacteria. The lids look a lot better and are starting to look less red. I have read about others improving by using dial antibacterial soap.

Comment

i Read the same article about the man in the UK that applied honey 2 x daily and in two weeks his blepharitis was cured (he'd suffered for 8 years). I have also had success with honey, but not cured. My theory is that is makes it difficult / impossible for the demodex to mate - docs have been trying to come up with an ointment to accomplish this but I think honey does the trick. I have been using TTO to treat my blepharitis/demodex in lids for past month but I find that I do get better results with the honey. Also I noticed cylindrical dandruff on my 4 year old daughter and I knew there was no way I could put TTO or 90% rubbing alcohol near her eyes, so I dabbed honey on her eyelid margin after she fell asleep for a few nights in a row and I have not seen the dandruff since. I also used a mustard oil on her skin after baths and noticed that what felt like folliculitis is gone, and using TTO shampoo has stopped what I thought was cradle cap, but was probably all from demodex she got from me.

Comment

Are you still on here? How are your eyes xpro?

Comment

Manuka Honey (silver grade) where might one find this in the U.S.? And Faith, are you using an anti-bacterial soap with tea tree oil?

Comment

Hello, how is everyone getting on with the Manuka honey now? Is it still helping?

I bought some Manuka honey from g
                  Holland and barret at the weekend and I've just applied it for the first time to my upper and lower lids, a but seeped in to my eye and stung a bit to begin with but u kept my eyes shut for about 40 mins. Still got it on now, it's dried and gone sticky, I'm hoping it's helped. I just mixed it with a bit of boiled water.

Would be great to hear how people are getting on with it

Cath x
                  27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Originally posted by cathy8889 View Post
                    Hello, how is everyone getting on with the Manuka honey now? Is it still helping?

I bought some Manuka honey from g
                    Holland and barret at the weekend and I've just applied it for the first time to my upper and lower lids, a but seeped in to my eye and stung a bit to begin with but u kept my eyes shut for about 40 mins. Still got it on now, it's dried and gone sticky, I'm hoping it's helped. I just mixed it with a bit of boiled water.

Would be great to hear how people are getting on with it

Cath x
                    I've stopped using honey since I no longer need it. If it feels sticky wash your hands and go over the excess honey on your lids. It does not have to feel sticky. Also I recommend you start washing your hair and face with tea tree shampoo as it kills demodex.

Comment

Hello,
                      Thanks, did the honey help bring the swelling of the lids down?
                      Cath

Originally posted by xpro View Post
                      I've stopped using honey since I no longer need it. If it feels sticky wash your hands and go over the excess honey on your lids. It does not have to feel sticky. Also I recommend you start washing your hair and face with tea tree shampoo as it kills demodex.
                      27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Originally posted by cathy8889 View Post
                        Hello,
                        Thanks, did the honey help bring the swelling of the lids down?
                        Cath
                        yes it did

Comment

Working...
                        X