• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xpro
    replied
    Originally posted by cathy8889 View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks, did the honey help bring the swelling of the lids down?
    Cath
    yes it did

Leave a comment:

• cathy8889
    replied
    Hello,
    Thanks, did the honey help bring the swelling of the lids down?
    Cath

Originally posted by xpro View Post
    I've stopped using honey since I no longer need it. If it feels sticky wash your hands and go over the excess honey on your lids. It does not have to feel sticky. Also I recommend you start washing your hair and face with tea tree shampoo as it kills demodex.

Leave a comment:

• xpro
    replied
    Originally posted by cathy8889 View Post
    Hello, how is everyone getting on with the Manuka honey now? Is it still helping?

I bought some Manuka honey from g
    Holland and barret at the weekend and I've just applied it for the first time to my upper and lower lids, a but seeped in to my eye and stung a bit to begin with but u kept my eyes shut for about 40 mins. Still got it on now, it's dried and gone sticky, I'm hoping it's helped. I just mixed it with a bit of boiled water.

Would be great to hear how people are getting on with it

Cath x
    I've stopped using honey since I no longer need it. If it feels sticky wash your hands and go over the excess honey on your lids. It does not have to feel sticky. Also I recommend you start washing your hair and face with tea tree shampoo as it kills demodex.

Leave a comment:

• cathy8889
    replied
    Hello, how is everyone getting on with the Manuka honey now? Is it still helping?

I bought some Manuka honey from g
    Holland and barret at the weekend and I've just applied it for the first time to my upper and lower lids, a but seeped in to my eye and stung a bit to begin with but u kept my eyes shut for about 40 mins. Still got it on now, it's dried and gone sticky, I'm hoping it's helped. I just mixed it with a bit of boiled water.

Would be great to hear how people are getting on with it

Cath x

Leave a comment:

• MGD666
    replied
    Manuka Honey (silver grade) where might one find this in the U.S.? And Faith, are you using an anti-bacterial soap with tea tree oil?

Leave a comment:

• Faith1989
    replied
    Are you still on here? How are your eyes xpro?

Leave a comment:

• demodexhelp
    replied
    i Read the same article about the man in the UK that applied honey 2 x daily and in two weeks his blepharitis was cured (he'd suffered for 8 years). I have also had success with honey, but not cured. My theory is that is makes it difficult / impossible for the demodex to mate - docs have been trying to come up with an ointment to accomplish this but I think honey does the trick. I have been using TTO to treat my blepharitis/demodex in lids for past month but I find that I do get better results with the honey. Also I noticed cylindrical dandruff on my 4 year old daughter and I knew there was no way I could put TTO or 90% rubbing alcohol near her eyes, so I dabbed honey on her eyelid margin after she fell asleep for a few nights in a row and I have not seen the dandruff since. I also used a mustard oil on her skin after baths and noticed that what felt like folliculitis is gone, and using TTO shampoo has stopped what I thought was cradle cap, but was probably all from demodex she got from me.

Leave a comment:

• Faith1989
    replied
    I am better but am still not "normal" I still need restasis and tears throughout the day. I agree in that I must have staph bacteria. The lids look a lot better and are starting to look less red. I have read about others improving by using dial antibacterial soap.

Leave a comment:

• xpro
    replied
    Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
    Are you still feeling normal ? I've been using the antibacterial soap to clean my lids and think it's helping but is to early to tell.
    Yes, I am still feeling normal. But the real test will come for me on the 3rd of next month. I always had the worst time in the Airport. I will be flying on the 3rd so that will be the ultimate test. If I feel ok in the airport and the plane I will know for sure that I'm 100% cured.

Leave a comment:

• Faith1989
    replied
    Are you still feeling normal ? I've been using the antibacterial soap to clean my lids and think it's helping but is to early to tell.

Leave a comment:

• xpro
    replied
    My lids still look red but I think using ocusoft plus and honey has helped as I can do much more than I used to . Glad to hear it can be resolved. Thanks so much for the info I used to think I was a very attractive girl. Now I have these red rings around my eyes and I don't really feel good about myself anymore.
    Please give me an update in a few days after using the antibacterial soap. Use it at least 2 times a day.

Leave a comment:

• Faith1989
    replied
    My lids still look red but I think using ocusoft plus and honey has helped as I can do much more than I used to . Glad to hear it can be resolved. Thanks so much for the info I used to think I was a very attractive girl. Now I have these red rings around my eyes and I don't really feel good about myself anymore.

Leave a comment:

• xpro
    replied
    Was your MGD bad or mild? Is the oil coming out now with the honey?! Are the lids back to a normal colour now? I bought antibacterial soap this morning so I'll try it.
    I had MG probing in early 2014 on both eyes by Dr. ******. It was also him who found out I have the staph infection by sending cultures to a lab for testing. My left eye which always had eyelid swelling had almost all of its glands blocked and I would hear a pop when the prob pushed against it, also half of the glands on my left eyelid have dissolved, they are no longer there due to long term inflammation.

So they are probably not producing much oil, but I have not tried pushing on them to see. But according to Dr. ****** if the factors that caused my inflammation are resolved the glands will come back as there are stem cells on the eyelid margin. In his many years of practice, he has seen the meibomian glands grow and come back.

As for the color, before when I inverted my upper eyelid there was a red line behind where my eyelashes grow. That red line is no longer as red and it's getting less red as I progress with managing this.

Leave a comment:

• Faith1989
    replied
    Was your MGD bad or mild? Is the oil coming out now with the honey?! Are the lids back to a normal colour now? I bought antibacterial soap this morning so I'll try it.

Leave a comment:

• xpro
    replied
    Yes and yes. Lol my eyes don't look red, just the lids. It sucks. I'm using manuka honey silver grade. I tried the platinum, but it was to strong.
    If you get those little bumps it's almost for certain that have the staph bacteria. I forgot to to mention earlier in my post but I'm using a soap called "Protex Herbal" it kills 99.9% of the bacteria and also contains tea tree oil. It's very cheap in south america, about $1 here. Try to find some online for a cheap price. Before I started using honey this soap was the best thing that happened to my eyes. I had used baby shampoo before but it did not help at all, but this soap helps a lot. Wash your eyelash thoroughly with this soap before applying the honey. I hope this would help you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X