honey on eyelashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honey on eyelashes

After reading an article about a man who cured his blepheritis with honey I decided to try it.

I've had swollen red eyelids and eyes that felt dry for years. I would also get little pimples on my eyelid margins.

I highly recommend that everyone suffering from these conditions to try honey. I'm on my third day and feel pretty much cured. My eyelid swelling went down the next morning. It is unbelievable. The sty I had was gone overnight.

Blepheritis is caused by the staph infection inside your eyelash follicle and anti biotics do not kill the staph infection. Honey does. You can Google this for your self.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.
    Last edited by xpro; 19-Jun-2014, 02:41. Reason: spelling

What brand of honey do you use xpro? I use OptiMel...applied along the lid margins with a q-tip.

Comment

Do you wash it off or keep it on? I have also had success with honey

Comment

Ditto Faith1989 - How do you apply, how thick, how long do you keep it on before you wash it off?

Comment

I wet a q tip and put a bit of manuka honey on it. I wipe it on the lids with my eyes closed and leave it on. I also use cliradex in case of demodex. It seems to help

Comment

Originally posted by DCRdryeye View Post
            What brand of honey do you use xpro? I use OptiMel...applied along the lid margins with a q-tip.
            I am travelling in south america, so I just picked up some local honey, I have read that manuka honey has the best anti bacterial properties. But I was not able to find that here so I'm using regular local honey. It does not have a brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
              Do you wash it off or keep it on? I have also had success with honey
              I keep it on. I apply it 2 times a day. Before applying I wash my eyelids with water and soap.

Comment

Originally posted by PotatoCakes View Post
                Ditto Faith1989 - How do you apply, how thick, how long do you keep it on before you wash it off?
                I start by washing my eyelids and eyelashes. I put honey without mixing it with any water. After putting it on, if my eyelids feel sticky, I put water on my finger and go over the excess honey so it does not bother me when I'm blinking. I put very tiny amounts of honey or else it would make blinking uncomfortable as it's sticky. I leave it on all the time. No one can detect I have honey on my eyes by looking at me.

Comment

Xpro is this still working for you?! I think it helps the glands for sure but I find I have to be consistent or they clog up again. Have you still been using tears?

Comment

Xpro is this still working for you?! I think it helps the glands for sure but I find I have to be consistent or they clog up again. Have you still been using tears?
                    Yes it's working very well. My eyes feel and look 100% normal now.

Please answer the questions below for me.

Do any of your eyelids swell up? do you get little bumps on your eyelid margins?

Comment

Yes and yes. Lol my eyes don't look red, just the lids. It sucks. I'm using manuka honey silver grade. I tried the platinum, but it was to strong.

Comment

Yes and yes. Lol my eyes don't look red, just the lids. It sucks. I'm using manuka honey silver grade. I tried the platinum, but it was to strong.
                        If you get those little bumps it's almost for certain that have the staph bacteria. I forgot to to mention earlier in my post but I'm using a soap called "Protex Herbal" it kills 99.9% of the bacteria and also contains tea tree oil. It's very cheap in south america, about $1 here. Try to find some online for a cheap price. Before I started using honey this soap was the best thing that happened to my eyes. I had used baby shampoo before but it did not help at all, but this soap helps a lot. Wash your eyelash thoroughly with this soap before applying the honey. I hope this would help you.

Comment

Was your MGD bad or mild? Is the oil coming out now with the honey?! Are the lids back to a normal colour now? I bought antibacterial soap this morning so I'll try it.

Comment

Was your MGD bad or mild? Is the oil coming out now with the honey?! Are the lids back to a normal colour now? I bought antibacterial soap this morning so I'll try it.
                            I had MG probing in early 2014 on both eyes by Dr. ******. It was also him who found out I have the staph infection by sending cultures to a lab for testing. My left eye which always had eyelid swelling had almost all of its glands blocked and I would hear a pop when the prob pushed against it, also half of the glands on my left eyelid have dissolved, they are no longer there due to long term inflammation.

So they are probably not producing much oil, but I have not tried pushing on them to see. But according to Dr. ****** if the factors that caused my inflammation are resolved the glands will come back as there are stem cells on the eyelid margin. In his many years of practice, he has seen the meibomian glands grow and come back.

As for the color, before when I inverted my upper eyelid there was a red line behind where my eyelashes grow. That red line is no longer as red and it's getting less red as I progress with managing this.

Comment

My lids still look red but I think using ocusoft plus and honey has helped as I can do much more than I used to . Glad to hear it can be resolved. Thanks so much for the info I used to think I was a very attractive girl. Now I have these red rings around my eyes and I don't really feel good about myself anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X