Demodex- NOT just a myth....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ya' Gotta Believe
    Now, I still have dry eyes but my main symptom is an aching pain that resonates through my temple region toward the back of my head (and even toward my teeth as well). Does anyone else get this pain? If so, has it been diagnosed?
    You're apparently describing two branches of the trigeminal nerve...
    I'm only too familiar with that. But that's the location not the cause (since there are numerous possible etiologies).
    I wouldn't rule out ocular involvement... some neuralgias appear and become constant after frequent intermitent pain. As if the nerve gets stuck in pain ON position (instead of OFF).
    Take care
    K

Comment

Originally posted by kakinda
      You're apparently describing two branches of the trigeminal nerve...
      I'm only too familiar with that. But that's the location not the cause (since there are numerous possible etiologies).
      I wouldn't rule out ocular involvement... some neuralgias appear and become constant after frequent intermitent pain. As if the nerve gets stuck in pain ON position (instead of OFF).
      Take care
      K
      Thanks for the insight. Hopefully my intermittent pain will get stuck in the OFF, instead of ON, position. I gotta believe that sometimes happens too .

Comment

Originally posted by YGB View Post
        The crooked or white looking eyelashes are a sign of over-infestation. Also, anytime the eye has a suppressed immune system, there is a risk of mite overinfestation. In my case, LASIK was my immune suppressant. However, there are many other immune deficiency disorders such as Sjorgen's. Also, Restasis itself suppresses the immune cells in the eye so I suppose it is conceivable that Restasis can potentially add to the risk of demodex overpopulation (that's just my layman's opinion of putting what seems like 1+1 together)
        thought i'd revive this thread because i thought this was interesting and am wondering if this could be part of my problem, does anyone else have any recent experience with demodex? i developed visible eyelid inflammation only after being on alrex for a couple of months and then stopping it, i'm wondering if by the theory that they thrive in an immunosuppressed environment if that's what caused my inflammation, that they could have begun to overpopulate during that time--i was then diagnosed with mgd which is getting worse, then confirmed severe dustmite allergy at the allergist and have just started pataday, but i also have noticed white lashes, crooked lashes, lashes falling out--still in the learning phase with all this and have been in a lot of pain lately so am desperate for answers, luckily i finally have some good drs looking after me so i will bring this up with them on my next visits, just looking for anyone's input on it?

Comment

Curious too if any recent feedback on this.
          just keep swimming...

Comment

Working...
          X