Found help for mucous in eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found help for mucous in eyes

For 15 yrs I have had problems with my eyes, white stringy mucous in over abundance. Doctor after doctor, eye drop after eye drop and yes I have always worn contacts. By accident it disappeared, and I could not for the life of me figured out what I did that was different and finally I realized what it was. I started taking Vitamins for hair , skin and nails. It stopped after the second day on the vitamins. I then did research to see what was in those pills that have stopped it. Thru intense research I believe it is Silica. I read that it removes excess mucous from your body and I must say this is the first time in 15 yrs that it is gone. Seem like your body requires it and we don't get enough, some people more than others. I know it is strange but I actually went out and bought Silica and added two extra pills to the hair skin and bones vitamins. So far it has worked. Even in the morning when I get up( that is when its usually the worse) It was the best $5.99 I ever spent. I know everyone is looking for help to stop fishing. Hopefully I have found it>

Hi, what were all your symptoms prior to improving? Thanks

Comment

Hello blondee,

I have also had mucous problems for years and years.

What vitamins did you begin taking?

Did they help your hair, skin and nails like you expected?

Thnak you,

Lynne in AZ

Comment

eye symtoms

Originally posted by Plat View Post
        White thick mucous that I would have to pull out of my eyes constantly otherwise it would slide down my eyeball obstructing my vision. I tried everything. It would only get worst, then doctors blame everything on allergies ( if they can't find the reason ) I really think I was lacking this vitamin. My eyes are perfectly clear if I wanted to pick something out of them I can't even find anything. It has to be the pills. I did not have any itching just slime. all the time

Comment

Lynne

I am at work right now but I think the name is Solray or Solaray but thats just a name brand they are for hair skin nails &(bones) they are free of yeast, wheat milk etc. Got them at the vitamin store also contained Silica after looking that up it says that silica removes excess mucous in body. My hair and nails are getting better too. It was truly by accident that this worked. In less than two days my eyes were better.

Comment

Platt

Really no prior to improving. It was horrible nightmare day after day year after year. Stringy mucous. Took the vitamin for my hair and 2 days later my eyes were clear. I really had to back track to realize what had did it

Comment

So you didn't have any dry eye symptoms?

Comment

interesting...

1- so can u tell us how much silica/silicon there is in this supplement?

2-can you confirm if its the same supplement:
                http://www.solaray.co.uk/product/pro...rod_id=3459289

3-moreover, as from this website:
                http://www.vitaminsdiary.com/minerals/silicon.htm

Silicon is a widely distributed non-metallic element. It is second only to oxygen in abundance in the biosphere.

Far from disputing ur precious comment, I would like to know if it is truly silica which has helped ur mucus? I myself have mucus and would like to find a cure!.... If silica is so popular everywhere, how come it has a drastic effect when taken with supplement?
                If I have to choose between being happy and sad, I''ll choose being happy....... and you?... so.... stop choosing being unhappy (yeah its hard but....)....stop depressing........ live!!!

Comment

Blondee, thank you very much for sharing it with us, and I'm glad to hear you're doing much better.

It would be helpful if could give us some colour about the exact diseases (i.e DES, MGD, Blepharitis, etc) you were diagnosed with by Ophthalmologist, and if possible also the clinical tests you had (Schirmer test, fluorescein dye test, rose bengal staining test, etc)

Finally, I'm what are the brands and products you were using for hair, skin and nail, and how did you reach to your logical conclusion that the wining ticket was Silica if you will.

While this is not my business, in this context of this discussion I'm curious for the reason you started taking vitamins for your skin, hair and nail, and I'm even more curious if this reason had any correlation or anything to do with your DES/eye problems.

many thanks !

Originally posted by blondee028 View Post
                  For 15 yrs I have had problems with my eyes, white stringy mucous in over abundance. Doctor after doctor, eye drop after eye drop and yes I have always worn contacts. By accident it disappeared, and I could not for the life of me figured out what I did that was different and finally I realized what it was. I started taking Vitamins for hair , skin and nails. It stopped after the second day on the vitamins. I then did research to see what was in those pills that have stopped it. Thru intense research I believe it is Silica. I read that it removes excess mucous from your body and I must say this is the first time in 15 yrs that it is gone. Seem like your body requires it and we don't get enough, some people more than others. I know it is strange but I actually went out and bought Silica and added two extra pills to the hair skin and bones vitamins. So far it has worked. Even in the morning when I get up( that is when its usually the worse) It was the best $5.99 I ever spent. I know everyone is looking for help to stop fishing. Hopefully I have found it>

Comment

Originally posted by Mika View Post
                    interesting...
                    Yes that's the one. I take 2 per day after dinner
                    1- so can u tell us how much silica/silicon there is in this supplement?

2-can you confirm if its the same supplement:
                    http://www.solaray.co.uk/product/pro...rod_id=3459289

3-moreover, as from this website:
                    http://www.vitaminsdiary.com/minerals/silicon.htm

Silicon is a widely distributed non-metallic element. It is second only to oxygen in abundance in the biosphere.

Far from disputing ur precious comment, I would like to know if it is truly silica which has helped ur mucus? I myself have mucus and would like to find a cure!.... If silica is so popular everywhere, how come it has a drastic effect when taken with supplement?
                    Yes that's the one - take 2 per day after dinner

Comment

It seems that Horsetail helps the eyes.

Horsetail Constituents - primarily silica and potassium salts, small amounts of nicotine. Horsetail from European sources contains the anti-allergy compound quercetin.

In the next article it states,

Skin ailments such as sties, rashes, itchy eczema, or eye inflammation may be treated with an external compress made from horsetail tea.

http://www.answers.com/topic/horsetail

Next article states,

Horsetail is also used as an eye treatment, especially for conjunctivitis and inflammation of the lachrymal ducts

http://www.bulkherbstore.com/Horseta...vegrass-Powder

HORSETAIL
                      (Shavegrass) Horsetail is rich in minerals, especially silica. Therefore, it makes for strong fingernails and hair, good for split ends. Studies have shown that fractured bones will heal much faster when horsetail is taken. Good for eyes, ears, nose, throat, and glandular disorders.

http://www.healthrestoration.org/herbs.htm

Has anyone else tried it?

Blondee028, did you have dry eye symptoms?
                      Last edited by Plat; 17-Aug-2008, 13:31.

Comment

Platt

Yes I was diagnosed with dye eye by a ophtalmologist one test I had was the Schirmer test. I couldn't inderstand the meaning of dye eye when they were always goppy and sticky full of mucous. How I discovered this was truly accidental. Hubby was shopping for vitamins and I seen them so being I don't take any vits I thought I would give these a try. When the eyes cleared up I had to stop and think what had I done different, and that was my only conclusion. It worked for me and I just wanted to share this with the memebers of the this board. I sure wish someone would have told me this years ago.

Comment

you might want to try eating some green bell peppers, they contain alot of Silicon/silica, I read somewhere that they help the sebaceous glands in your body.

hope this helps, let me know if anyone sees any benefits from it.

rhad

Comment

platt

It seems that Horsetail helps the eyes.

Horsetail Constituents - primarily silica and potassium salts, small amounts of nicotine. Horsetail from European sources contains the anti-allergy compound quercetin.

In the next article it states,

Skin ailments such as sties, rashes, itchy eczema, or eye inflammation may be treated with an external compress made from horsetail tea.

http://www.answers.com/topic/horsetail

Next article states,

Horsetail is also used as an eye treatment, especially for conjunctivitis and inflammation of the lachrymal ducts

http://www.bulkherbstore.com/Horseta...vegrass-Powder

HORSETAIL
                            (Shavegrass) Horsetail is rich in minerals, especially silica. Therefore, it makes for strong fingernails and hair, good for split ends. Studies have shown that fractured bones will heal much faster when horsetail is taken. Good for eyes, ears, nose, throat, and glandular disorders.

http://www.healthrestoration.org/herbs.htm

Has anyone else tried it?

Blondee028, did you have dry eye symptoms?
                            I went to doctor after doctor, eye drop after eyedrops including steriods nothing helped, test after test. I work in the medical profession tried everything I could. Like I said this was pure accidental, I did not take it for my eyes. I took it for my hair, skin and nails.

Comment

how can u be absolutely sure its the silica which is performing?
                              bcoz there's host of other herbs in it too:
                              isn't it maybe bcoz of Actisorb Base containing Tumeric?
                              or maybe bcoz of the MSM?

I will like to pinpoint the exact ingredient bcoz in mauritius (where I live) there are not variety of supplement,and even less this Solaray supplement!... So i can take a derivative of it....

what i'm a bit.. perplexed is that me too I took silica with Healthaid Day-Vit Probiotic containing silica 2mg....
                              maybe its too low?
                              If I have to choose between being happy and sad, I''ll choose being happy....... and you?... so.... stop choosing being unhappy (yeah its hard but....)....stop depressing........ live!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X