No announcement yet.

Found help for mucous in eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ur mucus have dissapeared or has been reduced?
    but have ur dryness decreased?
    If I have to choose between being happy and sad, I''ll choose being happy....... and you?... so.... stop choosing being unhappy (yeah its hard but....)....stop depressing........ live!!!

Comment

I'm Going To Try This

Thanks for the information, Blondee. I'm going to try this supplement and just see what happens. I have dry eyes along with the mucous threads that are so irritating. They feel like I have an eyelash up under the lid and also cause the blurring etc. I have been prescribed steroid drops that haven't helped at all.
      (My nails could use some help, too )

I'm willing to try anything that's not dangerous!

Lynda

Comment

hosados

Originally posted by HOSADOS View Post
        Blondee, thank you very much for sharing it with us, and I'm glad to hear you're doing much better.

It would be helpful if could give us some colour about the exact diseases (i.e DES, MGD, Blepharitis, etc) you were diagnosed with by Ophthalmologist, and if possible also the clinical tests you had (Schirmer test, fluorescein dye test, rose bengal staining test, etc)

Finally, I'm what are the brands and products you were using for hair, skin and nail, and how did you reach to your logical conclusion that the wining ticket was Silica if you will.

While this is not my business, in this context of this discussion I'm curious for the reason you started taking vitamins for your skin, hair and nail, and I'm even more curious if this reason had any correlation or anything to do with your DES/eye problems.

many thanks !
        I was in the store with my husband and I never take any vitamins, I seen them and figured I would give them a try. I had recently gone blonde and my hair has gone thru a lot of stress i the process so I thought it would help. ( I must say it has already). I had no intentions that it was going to help my eyes but I am sooooooooo glad it did.

Comment

Hello Blondee,

Can you please tell me which Solaray products you used?

Thank you,

Lynne

Comment

Mika, it could be a combination of both Silica and MSM. See link that MSM supposedly helps dry eyes. Let us know that results if anyone tries either.

http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/content.asp?id=182

Comment

Has anyone tried this yet since Blondee posted? Curious if it's working for anyone else. I couldn't find it on the shelves at the stores near me. Does anyone have a recommendation where to buy?

Thanks

Comment

Any answers?

Thanks!

Comment

Blondee's advice at first was not specific enough to know what to try. She has since posted links.

Comment

Found this product,

http://www.naturaleyecare.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=1812

This product also has Horsetail, and states the following,

Horsetail Herb (Equisetum arvense)
                    - Supports healthy calcium metabolism in the eye and the whole body*
                    - Helps the body to overcome inflammation, astringent and tissue healing*
                    - European Eyebright (Euphrasia officinalis)
                    - Contains natural vitamin A and C (not synthetics)
                    - Helps the body to overcome inflammation for both chronic and acute inflammation of the eye and eyelids*
                    - Helps nourish the entire eye and promotes healthy sensitivity to light*

Also,

European Barberry Bark (Berberis vulgaris)
                    -Contains berberine which promotes strong immune-specific protection*
                    -Helps strengthen the eye as well as the liver and gallbladder which are
                    linked via the meridians to the eye*

Let me know if anyone has tried it. Thanks

Comment

Looks like a good find. I am eventually going to try one of these. I currently take Thera-Nutrition and haven't seen much change. But I don't think it has the silica. I am still waiting to here if anyone else has tried these. I am going to see Dr, Latkany next week and want him to see my condition as is. Thanks for the link!

Comment

has anyone tried the silica and found out if its working? or is it the MSM???
                        i am finking of buying one.. but my budget is off limit! i have already spent lots in probiotics (no effect) and even quality omega 3...
                        so please any response?
                        If I have to choose between being happy and sad, I''ll choose being happy....... and you?... so.... stop choosing being unhappy (yeah its hard but....)....stop depressing........ live!!!

Comment

Hey

Hey everyone, I think a lot of people (including myself) would really appreciate it if we followed up on this discussion.

It seems that blondee was taking "hair, skin, and bones vitamins" and then added Silica pills for $5.99.

My hair, skin, and bones are fine and I don't particularly care what the active ingredient is as long as I don't turn green or die, what I think we should do is try taking her pills. I will carry out the experiment if someone could please give me her pill regiment. I looked at a suggested link before, but it was like $40 which is out of my price range and wasn't what Blondee was using.

Blondee, could you please tell us what products you were using? And also, could you tell us if you have to keep taking the pills to keep the mucus away?

Thank you everyone, I will get back to you as soon as I get the information I need to carry this out. Take care. Sincerely, Jesse Peters.

Comment

Hello Friends!

I have been reading in abundance today and I am happy I came across Blondee's posts, even though she hasn't posted lately, I am going to buy those Vitamins the Silica and the Horsetail tonight! My name is Delilah and I've been a member of the Dry Eye Zone since 2005. This May will mark my 7th year of suffering from these horrible mucus strings. You can find many of my posts in the patients open forum in the daily check in section.

I try my hardest to keep in touch with everyone and I've answered 2 e-mails already today with others dealing with this mucus string problem. Seems to me I am finding more and more people suffering from this, don't take this the wrong way but I was thrilled to see this as I've felt so alone, not many suffer from this condition and it's extremely hard to deal with, physically and emotionally.

Anyway's I wanted you all to know that I am going to start taking this remedy and I will be posting every day to let ya'll know if it's working, how I am feeling etc... I recently e-mailed Rebecca to see if we could start a special section on this website just for this particular condition, if all goes well we can keep in touch better by just going to The Mucus String Section and filling everyone in on remedies and our conditions and venting on one another

This website has helped me so much and the people and friends I've met on here are wonderful, I have no clue what I would of done without The Dry Eye Zone For now I will just be posting daily in my blog so you all can read my daily updates there. Along with the mucus string condition I've been diagnosed with Severe Dry Eye, Severe Lattice Degeneration in both eye's and MGD.

I've got a ton of other medical problems and when this all started I only thought I had this mucus problem and to find out that my eyes were this bad and had all these problems was extremely hard to take. I've done almost everything I possibly can to try and cure myself of this dry eye and mucus strings but nothing has helped. So I've sort of given up and for years now I've been using Muro 128 drops, these drops are for corneal edema but they help get the strings out, then I flush my eyes out with preservative free eye drops.

I get these eye drops at Wal*Greens, the Muro 128 is $20 bucks and the preservative free eye drops come in a box with 70 viles they cost $15. That is what I've been doing for years, just wanted to fill you all in, if any of you have any questions just e-mail me. Hope this new remedy works, I haven't tried anything new in a long time as every time I did it never worked but it never hurts to try. Delilah

Comment

Thank you so much Delilah! I look forward to your experience with the silica pills. Thank you again. Sincerely, Jesse Peters.

Comment

Originally posted by Delilah View Post
                                Anyway's I wanted you all to know that I am going to start taking this remedy and I will be posting every day to let ya'll know if it's working, how I am feeling etc... I recently e-mailed Rebecca to see if we could start a special section on this website just for this particular condition, if all goes well we can keep in touch better by just going to The Mucus String Section and filling everyone in on remedies and our conditions and venting on one another

Delilah
                                Being a poor victim of this mucus problem, I entirely support your proposal delilah and I hope that Rebecca thinks the same way too?.....isn't it rebecca?

Comment

Working...
                                X