No announcement yet.

Is Lid Scrubbing Suppose to Hurt? :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, cool picture of the clogged glands! Boy I never thought I'd be making a statement like this..... OOOOOYYYYY Thanks for sharing, Francesco!!

Comment

Originally posted by Francesco View Post
      Brighteyes...no problem!!!!!!!!

i can see something like this with the zoom lens thing.....

no, not on the gland, the q-tip is on the outside of the lid and i press on the eye (Look at the picture..the q-tip should be where the finger is....you can see that the gland becomes even a bit bigger if you press correctly.....basically like pimples....pressing to open them...i'm sorry my english is not perfect but i think you got the idea.......

p.s. i often see girls "squizing" their boyfriends pimples eheh it's time to ask these girls "Can you please do the same with my Meibomian Glands???" ihihii

hmmm... where is the gland here? I cant make out anything at all.

Comment

p.s. i often see girls "squizing" their boyfriends pimples eheh it's time to ask these girls "Can you please do the same with my Meibomian Glands???" ihihii
        see, you can only say something like that on a website like this and everyone will laugh !!

Thanks for the info, very useful, I think this will suit me too as I think compresses irritate me more. And I'm pretty sure I have a gland problem too, I see pretty much what's in the picture on occassion.
        just keep swimming...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanza View Post
          Thanks for the info, very useful, I think this will suit me too as I think compresses irritate me more. And I'm pretty sure I have a gland problem too, I see pretty much what's in the picture on occassion.
          yes, i think that if you pay attention you can even see them without any lens ecc you just need a mirror and a strong light !
          Ciao

Rory i don't understand what you mean!

Comment

I cant see in your photo where the gland is...and if it is blocked or not.

Am i being stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by Rory View Post
              I cant see in your photo where the gland is...and if it is blocked or not.

Am i being stupid?

it's difficult for me in english but you can see 2 glands that are bigger ....and closed (they also look yellow), that means they need to be expressed...sorry someone maybe can explain this better

Comment

it's difficult for me in english but you can see 2 glands that are bigger ....and closed (they also look yellow), that means they need to be expressed...sorry someone maybe can explain this better
                Ok I can see those two clearly... the reason for my confusion is that i cant really see any other glands...so I assumed they were just drops of oil.

They are on the lower lid i think? Does anyone know how many glands there are .. i believe that most are on the upper lids....and wouldnt this technique be more difficult on the upper lids?

Comment

Originally posted by Rory View Post
                  Ok I can see those two clearly... the reason for my confusion is that i cant really see any other glands...so I assumed they were just drops of oil.

They are on the lower lid i think? Does anyone know how many glands there are .. i believe that most are on the upper lids....and wouldnt this technique be more difficult on the upper lids?
                  most are on the lower about 25/30 and about 20 in the upper (anyone correct me if i'm wrong).
                  Yes in the upper it's more difficult......
                  if you can't "see" any other gland means they are fine....ehehe if you see these bumps or little black spots mean that they are clogged or inflammed.
                  i onestly don't know how they look when they are atrhopied

Comment

Thanks for all your help Francesco! I checked my glands last night and didn't notice any that were blocked. My doctor keeps telling me that the oil in my glands is like toothpaste when it should be like motor oil - but I haven't seen any evidence of that. WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Brighteyes View Post
                      Thanks for all your help Francesco! I checked my glands last night and didn't notice any that were blocked. My doctor keeps telling me that the oil in my glands is like toothpaste when it should be like motor oil - but I haven't seen any evidence of that. WTF?

.......ask your doctor to take pictures of your glands and to show you them........that's what my dr. did....i want to see what i have...

Comment

Light-Up Magnifying Mirror

As an alternative to holding a magnifying glass in one hand and trying to do your eyes with the other hand, the store "Sharper Image" carries a variety of light-up magnifying mirrors that are free-standing.
                        Here's a link to two of them.

This one is the bigger of the two:
                        http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/ca...uct/sku__CA821

And this one is a compact travel one (and cheaper):
                        http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/ca...uct/sku__CA816

Both of these are 7x magnification. I actually have one I got from them years ago that is 10x. I can pretty much see the inside of the back of my head with it!

Comment

Originally posted by NYer View Post
                          As an alternative to holding a magnifying glass in one hand and trying to do your eyes with the other hand, the store "Sharper Image" carries a variety of light-up magnifying mirrors that are free-standing.
                          Here's a link to two of them.

This one is the bigger of the two:
                          http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/ca...uct/sku__CA821

And this one is a compact travel one (and cheaper):
                          http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/ca...uct/sku__CA816

Both of these are 7x magnification. I actually have one I got from them years ago that is 10x. I can pretty much see the inside of the back of my head with it!
                          even better idea ;=)

Comment

It is the two little bumps that look like pimples... I think anyway, right???

Comment

Brighteyes...no problem!!!!!!!!

i can see something like this with the zoom lens thing.....

no, not on the gland, the q-tip is on the outside of the lid and i press on the eye (Look at the picture..the q-tip should be where the finger is....you can see that the gland becomes even a bit bigger if you press correctly.....basically like pimples....pressing to open them...i'm sorry my english is not perfect but i think you got the idea.......

Hi Francesco,

Do you press the q-tip up against the eye itself and if so, how hard do you press it?

Danny

Comment

Originally posted by Danny_ View Post
                                Hi Francesco,

Do you press the q-tip up against the eye itself and if so, how hard do you press it?

Danny
                                hard but non incredibly hard since my eyes would hurt then.........but i make sure that the gland is squized, even if it requires 2,3 days or sometimes even more to open them (i'm still trying to open 2 of them) ...so don't kill your eyelids/eyes if the glands don't open immediately...just keep working morning + evening for several days on that.

Sad thing is that......often i wake up and say "Wow " because i notice that another gland closed during the night!!!!! i guess this is why i usually read that MGD is Chronic ....once you clean everything you gotta keep things under control. for ever
                                Last edited by Francesco; 21-Jan-2008, 03:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X