Is Lid Scrubbing Suppose to Hurt? :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Francesco View Post
    hard but non incredibly hard since my eyes would hurt then.........but i make sure that the gland is squized, even if it requires 2,3 days or sometimes even more to open them (i'm still trying to open 2 of them) ...so don't kill your eyelids/eyes if the glands don't open immediately...just keep working morning + evening for several days on that.

Sad thing is that......often i wake up and say "Wow " because i notice that another gland closed during the night!!!!! i guess this is why i usually read that MGD is Chronic ....once you clean everything you gotta keep things under control. for ever

Let me see if I got this right? You push the eyelid (or just below it) up onto the eye to open the bottom glands using a q-tip? Could you use your finger to do this instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny_ View Post
      Let me see if I got this right? You push the eyelid (or just below it) up onto the eye to open the bottom glands using a q-tip? Could you use your finger to do this instead?
      yes, i push exactly where the finger is (check the pic in the first page).....i use a qtip because it is more "precise", lets me se better where i'm pressing, and doesn't have nails like our fingers eheh so it's more safe. i onestly wouldn t suggest using just the finger. just my ideas

Comment

yes, i push exactly where the finger is (check the pic in the first page).....i use a qtip because it is more "precise", lets me se better where i'm pressing, and doesn't have nails like our fingers eheh so it's more safe. i onestly wouldn t suggest using just the finger. just my ideas
        Sorry for all these questions but I want to make sure I'm doing it right. Do you push the eyelid up when you are doing it and does the eye close?

Grazie (thanks in Italian?)

Danny

Comment

Originally posted by Danny_ View Post
          Sorry for all these questions but I want to make sure I'm doing it right. Do you push the eyelid up when you are doing it and does the eye close?

Grazie (thanks in Italian?)

Danny
          no ...not up ...i push against the eye and keep my other finger like the woman in the picture.

http://www.agingeye.net/otheragingeye/blepharitis.php

she is pushing with her finger, i use a q-tip.

i also don't neceserally close the eye, cause i can see better.

Hope this helps

Yes Grazie is correct!!!!! CIAO!

Comment

yes, i think that if you pay attention you can even see them without any lens ecc you just need a mirror and a strong light !
            Ciao

Rory i don't understand what you mean!
            I could never see my glands at all in the mirror. And one day I looked at my lower eyelid in my rearview mirror as direct sunshine was coming through the windshield... and bingo! I saw them. They're so tiny.

Comment

Working...
            X