No announcement yet.

Treatment for MGD or nonsense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

redandsensitive// Are you sure you have MGD? Have you done any Shirmer-test? Do your tearfilm evaporate?

Comment

Hi!

My shimmer test was 19mm, 21 mm. But I think I had a lot of reflex tears.. I feel my tears evaporate to quicly. But I will have this sheked the next time I go the the eyedoctor.
      The cure: be open minded

Comment

Originally posted by redandsensitive View Post
        Hi!

My shimmer test was 19mm, 21 mm. But I think I had a lot of reflex tears.. I feel my tears evaporate to quicly. But I will have this sheked the next time I go the the eyedoctor.

Shirmerstest can be wrong but not totally wrong according to my doctor. I had 30 mm but my doctor said it is probably around 25-35 mm. Therefore i believe you have enough tears. Have you walked down the allergy path yet? Try allergydrop Tilavist (Nedocromil). I know you can buy it in Norway otc. I have tested for allergy and failed but this drop really works in some way. Its actually the best drop i ever tested. It stabilized my tearfilm to a very good level (together with flaxeed). Unfortunatly it contains BAK so it cant be used for longer periods. I hate companys that put that crap in the bottles.

Comment

I believe Azitromax helps those with MGD seborré. I wasnt familiar of two different types of MGD until now

Comment

Originally posted by Bekkestad View Post
            Shirmerstest can be wrong but not totally wrong according to my doctor. I had 30 mm but my doctor said it is probably around 25-35 mm. Therefore i believe you have enough tears. Have you walked down the allergy path yet? Try allergydrop Tilavist (Nedocromil). I know you can buy it in Norway otc. I have tested for allergy and failed but this drop really works in some way. Its actually the best drop i ever tested. It stabilized my tearfilm to a very good level (together with flaxeed). Unfortunatly it contains BAK so it cant be used for longer periods. I hate companys that put that crap in the bottles.
            okey, I have an appointment with an (allergolog in norwegian), a person who really find out if I have allergies.. And I will ask my eyedoctor to do an TBUT test. Those allergydrops Tilavist (Nedocromil). How long can you use it? How long is the break between each treatment? I will ask for it today when I see my family doctor.. Thanx for answers
            The cure: be open minded

Comment

Originally posted by redandsensitive View Post
              okey, I have an appointment with an (allergolog in norwegian), a person who really find out if I have allergies.. And I will ask my eyedoctor to do an TBUT test. Those allergydrops Tilavist (Nedocromil). How long can you use it? How long is the break between each treatment? I will ask for it today when I see my family doctor.. Thanx for answers
              Well, i dont really know. I saw an recommendation on a website for allergic conjunktivis and then i just bought it and tried it. I have taken it 2 x day for 4 weeks in 2 periods (two weeks between each period) without using any other drop(!). I stopped 4 days ago and are now dry in the morning and evening again. Without flaxseed im dry all day.

Comment

Hey, I some concerns how really Azitromax (that is antibiotic medicine Azithromycin) can help with MGD?

Comment

Working...
                X