Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-IPL Treatment: Question about eye drops

Hello everyone!

I had my first IPL treatment this morning. It went better than I expected: some pain, but more uncomfortable than anything. I was really fearing the worst, so I was happy it wasn't that bad. My eyes really don't feel too irritated either, which I was expecting. Anyway, I have a question for anyone who has undergone IPL or for a doctor who might know.

I was given two different eye drops to take for 2 weeks after this procedure: Pred Forte (a steroid), and Bromday (a NSAID that works to reduce inflammation). I completely forgot to ask the doctor if it is OK for me to keep taking the other drops i am on, Restasis and Pataday (allergy drop). I am worried about putting too many drops in my eyes and irritating them too much.

Obviously this is a question best answered by my doctor, but when I called and asked to speak with someone about this, the receptionist transferred me to the technician help line where nobody answered. I left a message, then called back because I am supposed to take my eyedrops in the morning so I wanted an answer within the near future. The receptionist said that if I left a message, there's nothing else I can do because they are with patients, and will get back to me "within a few hours." So frustrating! I am going to hold off on taking the drops for now, but any input from previous IPL patients or from doctors would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I know there are archived IPL threads, but if anyone has had the treatment recently, what has been your experience? I figured it was worth a shot and couldn't hurt--my eyes have been so bad and I feel like I've tried everything else. Fingers crossed that it makes a (positive) difference!

Charon,
    I'm so glad this went well and I hope it turns out to be the magic bullet for you. I was only given lotemax post treatment, to use for 5 days. I continued to use my restasis as usual- I'm interested in the use of the Bromday for inflammation, though and am going to mention this to the IPL guy I use when I go back for maintence. Hopefully, you've heard from the doctor's ofc by now.
    Claire

Comment

Thank you both. Doctor's office still hasn't returned my call. Very frustrating--I even told the receptionist that I just wanted to ask a quick question about the drops and whether I should use my current medications. I went ahead and used my drops, because I don't really see the potential for adverse interactions (and presumably the doctor would have informed me to stop taking them if there would be a problem).

I also am not fully certain how long to take the Pred Forte and Bromday. The instruction sheet says to take the Pred Forte 2x a day for 2 weeks, then to stop. The Bromday doesn't say anything about discontinuing after 2 weeks. Also the Pred Forte really stings when I put it in, so I'd love to only have to use ti for a few days like you, Chemia. Oh well. For now I'll just go by what the sheet says until I hear otherwise.

Comment

Working...
      X