Originally posted by MGD1701
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
IPL, my experience
Collapse
X
-
My understanding is that corneal inflammation can be usually seen under the scope, w/ or w/o staining. Usually the way to fix it is to fundamentally fix the underlying dry eyes. Steriods are commonly prescribed however can not be used long term. I am unsure about the efficacy of Xiidra or Restasis on the Cornea. However, Prokera fixed a lot of the staining and SLK in my eye though.
- 2 likes
-
I am in talks w/ my Dr about it. The rationality is simple, Xiidra is such an effective drug (esp over Restasis), however half-life is estimated to be less than 1 hour. It makes sense to have more frequent dosages of Xiidra. In fact, the original Xiidra trials were done 3 (maybe even 4 times) a day. The reason they settle for 2 is because of compliance, its easier to sell a drug to both consumers and FDA if it only needs to be used twice a day.Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post
I am finding temporary relief from Xiidra. I got headaches from restasis. Have you heard anyone using Xiidra more than twice a day?
- 2 likes
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks Phenix.
Just curious, how did your doctor detect corneal inflammation, with dye?
Do you/your doctor consider xiidra help with such inflammation? if not, what then?
- 1 like
Leave a comment:
-
I am finding temporary relief from Xiidra. I got headaches from restasis. Have you heard anyone using Xiidra more than twice a day?Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post
You can consider adding Restasis on top. I am on both simultaneously. I do firmly believe both drugs to have a different mechanism of action, and they can work together to reduce inflammation.
- 1 like
Leave a comment:
-
Just to be clear, when I said inflammation, I meant inflammation of the meibomian glands (as opposed to cornea or other parts of the ocular surface). It is difficult and maybe even impossible with Today's technology to properly diagnose whether there is inflammation inside the glands.Originally posted by phenix01 View Post
I'm sure I had inflammation at some point but prior to doing IPL I had no inflammation despite a TBU <3s. Dr didn't check my TBU on my appointment for 2nd treatment. Perhaps it's too soon.
- 1 like
Leave a comment:
-
I'm sure I had inflammation at some point but prior to doing IPL I had no inflammation despite a TBU <3s. Dr didn't check my TBU on my appointment for 2nd treatment. Perhaps it's too soon.Originally posted by MGD1701 View PostHi phenix
Great. Do you mean you have corneal inflammation prior to IPL?
TBUT: also improved from 3 seconds?
- 2 likes
Leave a comment:
-
You can consider adding Restasis on top. I am on both simultaneously. I do firmly believe both drugs to have a different mechanism of action, and they can work together to reduce inflammation.Originally posted by phenix01 View PostYes, I am on Xiidra and my Dr seemed amazed at how I have zero inflammation on the surface of my cornea. Xiidra seem to be working for me on that front which may help treatments to be effective (vs undergoing treatment with inflammation on the eye).
- 1 like
Leave a comment:
-
Hi phenix
Great. Do you mean you have corneal inflammation prior to IPL?
TBUT: also improved from 3 seconds?
- 1 like
Leave a comment:
-
Yes, I am on Xiidra and my Dr seemed amazed at how I have zero inflammation on the surface of my cornea. Xiidra seem to be working for me on that front which may help treatments to be effective (vs undergoing treatment with inflammation on the eye).
- 1 like
Leave a comment:
-
Congrats! Keep us posted! Are you on any medication -- you might benefit from medication such as Restasis and Xiidra. I am currently on both, they can help suppress and control the inflammation long term as well.
- 1 like
Leave a comment:
-
UPDATE: 2nd treatment
After two treatments, I can't say I'm 10/10 but definitely better than before. Maybe 7/10. Still two treatments to go.
- 1 like
Leave a comment:
-
UPDATE: 2 weeks after first treatment
The first week I felt a bit better, then it progressively came back to the dryness feeling like before treatment. Hopefully the second round of IPL in one week will have a more permanent benefit.
- 1 like
Leave a comment:
-
It is a good sign you feel good. I was feeling sore after my first ipl for few daysOriginally posted by phenix01 View PostDAY 1 POST IPL
So far feeling a bit better than usual I would say. I usually wake up with eye really dry, this morning when I woke up my eyes felt OK..
What is stressing me out however is the mild glands truncation that I have since it took forever before I started treatments. I hope my glands can grow back with time.
- 1 like
Leave a comment:
-
DAY 1 POST IPL
So far feeling a bit better than usual I would say. I usually wake up with eye really dry, this morning when I woke up my eyes felt OK..
What is stressing me out however is the mild glands truncation that I have since it took forever before I started treatments. I hope my glands can grow back with time.
- 1 like
Leave a comment:
-
It is hard, there is often pain in my eyes, I used eyedrops constantly to help manage going to work which involves a lot of computer time.
- 1 like
Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: