Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPL, my experience

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • deep_dry_eye
    replied
    Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
    Thanks Phenix.
    Just curious, how did your doctor detect corneal inflammation, with dye?
    Do you/your doctor consider xiidra help with such inflammation? if not, what then?
    My understanding is that corneal inflammation can be usually seen under the scope, w/ or w/o staining. Usually the way to fix it is to fundamentally fix the underlying dry eyes. Steriods are commonly prescribed however can not be used long term. I am unsure about the efficacy of Xiidra or Restasis on the Cornea. However, Prokera fixed a lot of the staining and SLK in my eye though.

    Leave a comment:


  • deep_dry_eye
    replied
    Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post

    I am finding temporary relief from Xiidra. I got headaches from restasis. Have you heard anyone using Xiidra more than twice a day?
    I am in talks w/ my Dr about it. The rationality is simple, Xiidra is such an effective drug (esp over Restasis), however half-life is estimated to be less than 1 hour. It makes sense to have more frequent dosages of Xiidra. In fact, the original Xiidra trials were done 3 (maybe even 4 times) a day. The reason they settle for 2 is because of compliance, its easier to sell a drug to both consumers and FDA if it only needs to be used twice a day.

    Leave a comment:


  • MGD1701
    replied
    Thanks Phenix.
    Just curious, how did your doctor detect corneal inflammation, with dye?
    Do you/your doctor consider xiidra help with such inflammation? if not, what then?

    Leave a comment:


  • ebi1368
    replied
    Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post

    You can consider adding Restasis on top. I am on both simultaneously. I do firmly believe both drugs to have a different mechanism of action, and they can work together to reduce inflammation.
    I am finding temporary relief from Xiidra. I got headaches from restasis. Have you heard anyone using Xiidra more than twice a day?

    Leave a comment:


  • deep_dry_eye
    replied
    Originally posted by phenix01 View Post

    I'm sure I had inflammation at some point but prior to doing IPL I had no inflammation despite a TBU <3s. Dr didn't check my TBU on my appointment for 2nd treatment. Perhaps it's too soon.
    Just to be clear, when I said inflammation, I meant inflammation of the meibomian glands (as opposed to cornea or other parts of the ocular surface). It is difficult and maybe even impossible with Today's technology to properly diagnose whether there is inflammation inside the glands.

    Leave a comment:


  • phenix01
    replied
    Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
    Hi phenix
    Great. Do you mean you have corneal inflammation prior to IPL?
    TBUT: also improved from 3 seconds?

    I'm sure I had inflammation at some point but prior to doing IPL I had no inflammation despite a TBU <3s. Dr didn't check my TBU on my appointment for 2nd treatment. Perhaps it's too soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • deep_dry_eye
    replied
    Originally posted by phenix01 View Post
    Yes, I am on Xiidra and my Dr seemed amazed at how I have zero inflammation on the surface of my cornea. Xiidra seem to be working for me on that front which may help treatments to be effective (vs undergoing treatment with inflammation on the eye).
    You can consider adding Restasis on top. I am on both simultaneously. I do firmly believe both drugs to have a different mechanism of action, and they can work together to reduce inflammation.

    Leave a comment:


  • MGD1701
    replied
    Hi phenix
    Great. Do you mean you have corneal inflammation prior to IPL?
    TBUT: also improved from 3 seconds?


    Leave a comment:


  • phenix01
    replied
    Yes, I am on Xiidra and my Dr seemed amazed at how I have zero inflammation on the surface of my cornea. Xiidra seem to be working for me on that front which may help treatments to be effective (vs undergoing treatment with inflammation on the eye).

    Leave a comment:


  • deep_dry_eye
    replied
    Congrats! Keep us posted! Are you on any medication -- you might benefit from medication such as Restasis and Xiidra. I am currently on both, they can help suppress and control the inflammation long term as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • phenix01
    replied
    UPDATE: 2nd treatment

    After two treatments, I can't say I'm 10/10 but definitely better than before. Maybe 7/10. Still two treatments to go.

    Leave a comment:


  • phenix01
    replied
    UPDATE: 2 weeks after first treatment

    The first week I felt a bit better, then it progressively came back to the dryness feeling like before treatment. Hopefully the second round of IPL in one week will have a more permanent benefit.

    Leave a comment:


  • ebi1368
    replied
    Originally posted by phenix01 View Post
    DAY 1 POST IPL

    So far feeling a bit better than usual I would say. I usually wake up with eye really dry, this morning when I woke up my eyes felt OK..

    What is stressing me out however is the mild glands truncation that I have since it took forever before I started treatments. I hope my glands can grow back with time.
    It is a good sign you feel good. I was feeling sore after my first ipl for few days

    Leave a comment:


  • phenix01
    replied
    DAY 1 POST IPL

    So far feeling a bit better than usual I would say. I usually wake up with eye really dry, this morning when I woke up my eyes felt OK..

    What is stressing me out however is the mild glands truncation that I have since it took forever before I started treatments. I hope my glands can grow back with time.

    Leave a comment:


  • phenix01
    replied
    Originally posted by Lena11 View Post
    phenix01 Just interested how bad your eyes feel with a tbut of 3? Can you work/socialise/do you need to wear moisture chambers?
    It is hard, there is often pain in my eyes, I used eyedrops constantly to help manage going to work which involves a lot of computer time.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X