This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAC drops available online w/o Rx

NAC drops are, if I recall, available through two organizations that sell online. . .One of these organizations is associated with the Russian-born researcher who has explored topical NAC as a cataract treatment. I have not tried the product, and cannot vouch for its purity or efficacy, but I just wanted to convey that some Googling will lead to the drops if compounding is a hardship. . .The drops are quite expensive, alas, if I recall. . .Anecdotal evidence on the websites is mostly about cataracts, and, only in passing, on DES. . .
    <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Hi all,

Just got NAC capsules delivered today. Let the test begin!

Ian.

Comment

This didn't work for me.

Comment

Update?

I just began NAC today with L-Glutathione.

Has anyone that began taking this seen any positive effects?
          Current Diagnosis: MGD due to Ocular Rosacea , TBUT of 5 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by Rojzen View Post
            NAC drops are, if I recall, available through two organizations that sell online. . .One of these organizations is associated with the Russian-born researcher who has explored topical NAC as a cataract treatment. I have not tried the product, and cannot vouch for its purity or efficacy, but I just wanted to convey that some Googling will lead to the drops if compounding is a hardship. . .The drops are quite expensive, alas, if I recall. . .Anecdotal evidence on the websites is mostly about cataracts, and, only in passing, on DES. . .

I am getting confused. Aren't the drops made with n-acetyl-carnosine; isn't this different from n-acetylcysteine, a supplement that some are talking about in this thread? Or are they the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by bmore View Post

Now for my cure...

N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine and Glutathione Supplement(1 tablet once per day).
              After 60 days, I have no visible signs of meibomiantis, my TBUT went from 6 seconds to 23...

This supplement is available from GNC.

Do some research - there are case studies out there. Bottom line, the stuff works as I have major relief.

Has anyone else by chance tried this and has it been effective?

Comment

My previous post shows that I started on the 28th of November. As of today I took NAC everyday (600mg) and actually doubled up recently for many days. I also took twinlab glutithione, but i have a feeling it is doing abolutely nothing for my condition.

For some reason i feel that there is an underlying allergy that is causing my MGD. I do not have basic case of bleph, just not enough oil production.

Comment

Pure MSM

Still taking L-AceytlCysteine and just added Pure MSM.

No changes.

Comment

I posted a lengthy guide to the treatments that I've tried for MGD in the Blepharitis forum. You guys should take a look. Try the remedies I proposed and post if they did or did not work.

In summary, the most promising solution that I've found so far is (1) treatment of allergies (cleaning up my environment, purifying the air, and using anthistamines) and (2) exposure to sunlight for 15 minutes per day.

Comment

• I started taking NAC effervescent tablets 600mg/day. If I see any improvements, I will report back.

Comment

• This is a fascinating thread. I know there's still a lot of debate on NAC for relieving dry eye. Is it because of the mucus thinning aspect? does it prevent inflammation? does it help produce tears? How do you all feel about it.

Comment

Working...
                        X