This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weed.

im not exactly sure where to post this (alternative treatments? lol).. but i remembered it whilst updating my serum drops diary.

now, by any means im not promoting drug use and i know this is certainly not for everyone. but i figured any relief, no matter how odd/extreme/trivial should be mentioned anyway.

i find that i get certain pain relief from smoking weed. i know arthritis patients in some countries (like my country of birth, holland) are prescribed the pill form of the drug to act as a tranquilizer, with promising results..

this is for the people who cannot get access to such medicine, are a little open minded to trying new things, and conventional pain killers are of no use to them..

1 joint a day will not get you high but will numb your nerves and consequently ease the pain alot. the only downfall is that if your eyes are red, they'll get even redder.

i know this might be a controversial topic, but my intentions are meant well. take it or leave it.

- Homes

Shall we throw some gasoline on that fire?

When I saw this post, I immediately recalled that one of the signs of marijuana use was red eyes. A quick search turned up all sorts of cross references of marijuana use and dry eyes. Apparently, marijuana can also cause dry eyes as well as dry mouth.

DrG

Comment

you see i don't care for technical medical terminology/labels.. my doctor said i have mild dry eye but the pain is excrutiating. i think subjective input/feedback is much more valuable.

and speaking from my own experiences.. weed has helped me alot as far as the pain is concerned. i did mention the red eyes, but personally imho i think it's a small price to pay. as i forementioned, this is not for everyone. but i figured it might help some people out who are willing to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by DrG
        Apparently, marijuana can also cause dry eyes as well as dry mouth.

DrG
        only if you let the smoke inside your eye it can get irritable, there are many alternative means of consumption if you're clumsy, like baking hash brownies instead. also dry mouth or "cotton mouth" only occurs through HEAVY marijuana use.

Comment

Let me throw a "bale" onto that fire...

Hate to say it, but pot brownie talk AIN'T gonna get Oprah's attention. But, you did get mine and I find you very amusing. All I can tell you is that discussing illicit drugs on a website such as this is very atypical for us boring, law-abiding Americans. Can't speak for most of the Europeans, but I'm guessing the majority is the same. But, since you're from Holland, Homes, we'll cut you some slack.

It's fine that you've found something that helps you, though my guess is that in the long run it won't be ideal for your eyes or your overall health. But I guess you're within the parameters of your country's laws, so if it works it works.

I'm actually very sorry that your pain and discomfort has come to this.
          Last edited by dianat; 15-Jul-2005, 14:58.
          Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Originally posted by dianat
            Let me throw a "bale" onto that fire...

Hate to say it, but pot brownie talk AIN'T gonna get Oprah's attention. But, you did get mine and I find you very amusing. All I can tell you is that discussing illicit drugs on a website such as this is very atypical for us boring, law-abiding Americans. Can't speak for most of the Europeans, but I'm guessing the majority is the same. But, since you're from Holland, Homes, we'll cut you some slack.

It's fine that you've found something that helps you, though my guess is that in the long run it won't be ideal for your eyes or your overall health. But I guess you're within the parameters of your countries laws, so if it works it works.

I'm actually very sorry that your pain and discomfort has come to this.
            haha i know this might be a peculiar suggestion, especially since we have different cultural backgrounds and there's a quite large age-gap between myself and many of the members here; so our approach to "illicit" drugs is very different.

i don't expect anyone to actually attempt it, but im merely sharing one more experience that could perhaps help someone open to the idea.

personally i don't think marijuana is harmful, atleast not any more harmful than cigarettes. infact it's been proven in clinical studies that it's less damaging to your health than cigarettes, and non addicting.

the only reason i even thought of creating this topic is for its potent pain killing characteristics and it has helped me through some tough days..

ps> i was a smoker before my condition, have been for 8 years.
            Last edited by homes; 15-Jul-2005, 11:13.

Comment

Originally posted by homes
              ps> i was a smoker before my condition, have been for 8 years.
              Yup, and that's also linked to dry eyes.

I'll take the pain, thanks....
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris
                Yup, and that's also linked to dry eyes.

I'll take the pain, thanks....
                yes i remember when my hands were busy the cig smoke would get in my eye and it would sting. little did i know..

now i smoke with sunglasses on lol.

Comment

haha i know this might be a peculiar suggestion, especially since we have different cultural backgrounds and there's a quite large age-gap between myself and many of the members here; so our approach to "illicit" drugs is very different.

Hey, are you callin' me OLD?!

Comment

Hey, are you callin' me OLD?!
                    no, im just VERY YOUNG.

Comment

Good answer.

Comment

I love this headline

Persons who claim dry eyes led them to smoke pot were arrested while relieving their symptoms and misery. They were sent to jail without pot or eye drops.
                        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I was waiting for you to chime in here, Luc!

Homes is from Holland, so unless the political climate there changes dramatically, he won't be sent to jail. I guess you can't blame a man for sharing what works. After all, Rebecca doesn't specify whether "share treatments that work" must be "legal treatments that work".

Comment

After all, Rebecca doesn't specify whether "share treatments that work" must be "legal treatments that work".
                            It never occurred to me when I was writing the terms of use that there might be a need for this level of specificity

I can think of several legal and illegal means of temporarily eliminating pain (well, awareness of pain anyway) that are probably all equally bad for the eyes ultimately. Even without considering the potential risks to general health from any of those things, I think that the rebound effect is reason enough to avoid them, personally....
                            Rebecca Petris
                            The Dry Eye Foundation
                            dryeyefoundation.org
                            800-484-0244

Comment

Weed????

Hum?? Well if it works for him lol, to let you all know I use to smoke a lot of weed and it did nothing to my eyes, if it did I guess I would be smoking it everyday. But if the weed helps then it helps, all it ever did for me is make me fatter lol, tired and lazy. But to Homes Im very sorry your in so much pain. Welome to the site. Delilah

Comment

Working...
                              X