This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey everyone...

coconut water did not help my eyes...but...it was great with a hangover!

Comment

I'm not sure if it's helping. My eyes seem to change all the time. I'll keep on it...I think I am getting attached to the taste. At first I hated it and now I kind of miss it when I drink regular water. Am I becoming a coconut water addict

Comment

It certainly is an 'aquired taste' isn't it? It's a weird kind of sweet nutty milky syrupy thing which is refreshing but slightly sickly IMHO

I am going to bulk buy a load of cans and try a longer term - my wife questioned whether I should drink it or rub it in!!
        The magic gloop IS out there somewhere - right?

Comment

I'm trying it as I'm desperate, my eyes are feeling really bad lately and are really red from my allergies.

I just tried a cup of it and have to admit it made me gag!

I finished the cup though and will drink 2 cups daily to see...anything is worth some relief!

Comment

Originally posted by EllMitcho View Post
            It certainly is an 'aquired taste' isn't it? It's a weird kind of sweet nutty milky syrupy thing which is refreshing but slightly sickly IMHO

I am going to bulk buy a load of cans and try a longer term - my wife questioned whether I should drink it or rub it in!!
            What brand did you buy? I found the tinned stuff very sweet and sickly but I've tried a brand called Vita Coco (in a carton) and that isn't as sweet. It comes as 100% or with added peach & mango.

It's more expensive than the canned stuff but I think that's because not many places stock it so I buy it from a shop that's not exactly noted for its bargains. Putting a splash of dilute orange or lemon tends to neutralise some of the sweetness - I've certainly tasted worse things.

Comment

Hi, I have been drinking Vita-Coconut water in the box (1 large box per day) for some time now. And I do agree its helps a bit, with my dry eyes. It does not eradicate the problem, by any means. But is an adjunct therapy for me.
              With the PF drops, I use. I am still trying to figure out which drops I like best!

Comment

This is very interesting. Luckily I live in a place where I can get fresh coconut juice, so I'll definitely give this a try. Thanks for posting

Comment

Coconut water is GREAT!!!!!

I know this thread has been around for a while but I came across it about a month ago! I read it and thought - why not? it is worth a try!!!!

Coconut water is not my favorite drink by far but it works!

Comment

yes yes the coconut water does work and you can order it from amazon

I am amazed by the slight improvement with the coconut water cure/aid - and bought a case of 12 from amazon, at $16 and change for the case (because I am subscribing for it to come to house once a month. but I am going to change the amount to 2 cases a month. It is free shipping, too.

I saw it at Whole Foods for $1.99 a container, and the amazon price is better.

What I do is add a dropperful of eyebright extract to it and the taste is terrific.

This and the castor Oil I use has helped immensely (castor oil applied to the eye lid margins as often as possible.)

hope this helps people.

you can see what I have indicated if you search blepharitis and/or castor oil here.

Comment

Is it true that castor oil first increase the inflamation and then decreases it?thanks

Comment

Hi bp77

I understand why you asked this question; I read somewhere that this is often what happens when you use castor oil on the lids.

I can only say that it made my lids less sore and it was noticeable more or less immediately. Not a miracle by any means but better than nothing.

I don't use it all the time. Just now, my lids are swollen and it doesn't seem to have the same effect when they are like this. It doesn't make them any worse though.

Comment

I Concur

I have aqueous deficient dry eye due to Lasik and I bought Taste Nirvana Real Coconut Water With Pulp to try. I HATED it the first day. The second day I strained out the pulp and it wasn't as bad. By the third day it wasn't bad at all AND I started to notice less dryness, more tears and less irritation. after two weeks I was feeling great. not 100% but 75%. Then I ran out so I stopped it for about ten days. After about the third day I started to notice a diff for the worse so I bought a case of Zico 100% pure premium. It tastes just like the Taste Nirvana. I am drinking my third 11oz drink and I am feeling better again. Looks good for the coconut water...for me at least

Originally posted by 18CHAI View Post
                          I am amazed by the slight improvement with the coconut water cure/aid - and bought a case of 12 from amazon, at $16 and change for the case (because I am subscribing for it to come to house once a month. but I am going to change the amount to 2 cases a month. It is free shipping, too.

I saw it at Whole Foods for $1.99 a container, and the amazon price is better.

What I do is add a dropperful of eyebright extract to it and the taste is terrific.

This and the castor Oil I use has helped immensely (castor oil applied to the eye lid margins as often as possible.)

hope this helps people.

you can see what I have indicated if you search blepharitis and/or castor oil here.

Comment

Hi,

It's a great observation. By drinking coconut water, you increase your fluid intake as well as obtaining minerals and vitamins needed by your body. It is definitely a great addition to a regular dry eye treatment regimen for many people.

Sincerely,
                            Irina Ganelis, M.D.
                            http://www.GanelisMD.com

Comment

Drinking coconut water daily can protect you from lots of health diseses like diarrhea, skin problem, digestion problem etc...

Comment

How much works? I bought 6 17oz cartons today and was going to do one per day in addition to standard hydration and see if it helps. I'm skeptical but always willing to try something new.

Comment

Working...
                                X