Tearing eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tearing eyes?

Hello, one of my main issues, is that quite often especially when I wake up. My eyes tear so much, even after I use my PF drops.
    I have been to the eye doctor who says, I have dry eyes, most likely from menopause. And he said to continue using the PF drops.
    Do you guys have tearing eyes?

Also, of course the whites of my eyes are not white anymore, but now a bit red. Again the doctor said this is just cosmetic
    I know I would certainly NEVER have that eye whitening procedure I read about here, that scares my way to much. Especially after reading the post lasix issues people have had here.

Thx good to be here

Excessive Tearing

Dry eyes do cause excessive tearing. I don't know if it's related to menopause. But it is often related to aging and the amount of time spent using computers or doing other things that cause eye strain. Lasik surgery is a known cause also.

You'll have to do a lot of reading on here and in other places to try and figure out how to manage your dry eye problems. While it sounds contradictory that excessive tearing is a dry eye symptom, it is.

Most people have trouble with medicine being an art rather than an objective science. Over the last 200 years it has moved more toward objective science, but when it comes to understanding the cause of various aliments, medicine is still a long way from having many answers. Eye docs see a lot of things that they don't know the cause of so they sometimes lump them into the dry eye diagnosis the same way Gastroenterologists call a lot of un-diagnosable stomach problems Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

This is one of the reasons there are so many different things that help the various symptoms of IBS or dry eye. It's because in reality different people have different problems but all the problems are given the same name. It makes it easy for the docs but hard on the patients because the patients have to use a lot of trial and error to find things that help them individually. Docs really don't want to spend the time on trial and error remedies or diagnosis because insurance companies won't pay them for it.

If you want to find a solution you'll have to educate yourself and then try each high probability remedy one at a time for long enough to know if it works. It will be frustrating, the failure rate will be high, but eventually you will find things that help control the symptoms.

The key is you have to educate yourself. If you expect the docs to lay it out for you, then you aren't expecting to get much in the way of positive results. Docs are good with things like bleeding or hearts that aren't beating or cornea's with cataracts. Dry eye and IBS aren't in their book of things they, or the patient, understands--at least not yet.

You might benefit from my posts on Omega 3. Omega 3 is good for us, especially as we get older, so even if it doesn't fix the dry eye, there are benefits to it that go way beyond dry eye.

Good luck!

Comment

Thank you jackolso, for your thoughtful reply!
      Yes, I am reading up on this very website, and have found a lot of things I relate to, and thats been very helpful

Comment

Working...
      X