Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you know from there it's just a slippery, slippery slope to TwinkieView and TwinkieFlow.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Caffeine a cure for dry eye?

I had forwarded a similar report to Dr. Latkany (NYC) who I go to & he said for people w/ocular rosacea (me) caffeine makes it worse... So yet another theory that works for some but not all!

Comment

Drink a strong Green tee ..you will be better off.

Comment

Well caffine helps my dry eye ALOT--- but the reason is because im caffine intolerant, like everything else, if my body is reacting to something, my eyes feel better. I think this is the case for other people as well.

No it is not a cure.

My eye doc confirmed the other day that people with reum arthritis (infllamtion inb joints) say they feel better when they are sick, because inflammation is not being sent to the joints. This is the same thing for dry eye.

So if you are caffine intolerant, and you get the jitters from caffine, you may notice your eyes dont feel to bad!!
          I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Originally posted by sazy123 View Post
            Well caffine helps my dry eye ALOT--- but the reason is because im caffine intolerant, like everything else, if my body is reacting to something, my eyes feel better. I think this is the case for other people as well.

No it is not a cure.

My eye doc confirmed the other day that people with reum arthritis (infllamtion inb joints) say they feel better when they are sick, because inflammation is not being sent to the joints. This is the same thing for dry eye.

So if you are caffine intolerant, and you get the jitters from caffine, you may notice your eyes dont feel to bad!!
            Wow, that is so interesting! I.e, goes for a more holistic view, doesn't it?
            I am so surprised that my IBS (irritable bowel syndrom) that I always have had on and off, and much related to hormones I think, has now almost disappeared! At the same time as this DES appeared! If I could, I would like to change the DES for IBS any day!!! IMS was no major thing. But I guess it is not that simple, but one cannot but wonder why the stomach, now in this stressful situation, is so calm and problemfree?

Comment

There was some research out of Oxford UK published in March 2012. The researchers found that medications that contain caffeine were better at reducing pain. The thought is that maybe caffeine helps the stomach absorb drugs faster.

See pubmed abstract: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22419343

I've heard people complain because T1s, T2s, and T3s (not Emtecs) contain caffeine and keep them up. But now there is some proof that caffeine helps.

Comment

I stopped drinking coffee for 5 months and recently started again. Made no difference to me. I don't think it worsened my condition at all.

Comment

Working...
                X