This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vitamin d???

i just noticed vitamin d 1500IU is in my PRN fish oil.. Is vitamin D good for dry eyes?? i cant really find out a lot of info on it..... thanks!
    Jenny

hey Jenny
    I take the same PRN vitamins and have been eating clean for a week now (which is good for me lol) I am sure it must be otherwise I don't think they would put it in there. I am very interested in the Lactoferrin and may try a supplement to see if There are changes.

Comment

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
      i just noticed vitamin d 1500IU is in my PRN fish oil.. Is vitamin D good for dry eyes?? i cant really find out a lot of info on it..... thanks!
      Vit D is good for almost everything. If you live in a northen location you dont get enough sun to keep up good levels in the winter. You get approx 10000 iu on a sunny summer day. I take 3000 iu a day, although a doctor recommended 5000 iu.

Comment

Vitamin D is good for autoimunne diseases. It is used even to multiple sclerosis. But 1500 IU is not much. A person should take more or less 10.000 IU every day... it means 15 to 20 minutes in sun (woth almost no clothes ).

Comment

ok so it doesnt cause drying of the eyes i hope????? cannot believe everything u read on the net.
          Jenny

Comment

I started taking 6200IU of D3 a couple of days ago. Not sure if it is helping yet or not, but don't think it will hurt. Thanks for the info. bakunin. When I walk in the summer, the sun makes me feel and look great, and now I know why!

Comment

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
              ok so it doesnt cause drying of the eyes i hope????? cannot believe everything u read on the net.
              No Jenny, it is not something you find on the web. I would say doctors more in touch with researches do treatment for a lot of autimunne diseases based on vitamin D. Anyway, there is no way vit D could be bad for dry eyes, But it may be bad if you already have high calcium in a blood test and you take too much vit D (what I think it is not the case 1500 IU pre day)..

Comment

Originally posted by LaDiva View Post
                I started taking 6200IU of D3 a couple of days ago. Not sure if it is helping yet or not, but don't think it will hurt. Thanks for the info. bakunin. When I walk in the summer, the sun makes me feel and look great, and now I know why!

Hi LaDiva,

For highering (is that word exist?) the vit D level in your body it will take some time. I think taking 6200 IU it will last some months.

Anyway, there are researches (epidemiologic) that shows in places (countries or regions) where people are less exposed to the sun, there are more cases of autoimmune diseases, for example, in Norway. But in a Norway coast whre people eat much fat fishes (that contain vit D) there are less autoimmune diseases than in the rest of the country.

Comment

Vitamin D is often low in people with autoimmune disease. Your dr can test you for it and then you'll be prescribed 12 weeks worth (in my case) and you'll take 50,000iu once a week. I have had to do this about 2 or 3 times this past year. I have Sjogrens.
                  Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

What our dr. told us to take is Vit. D sublingual. It is absorbed easier in the body and help a multitude of areas, like memory, heart functions, etc. Antigua

Comment

65 days in 10.000 IU per day and I went from 15 to 160 of vit D in blood test!

160 is too much so I will not take 10.000 IU per day anymore.

In the last month I got better from my chronic fatigue. I went from 20-30% of energy in february and march to 80% in the last weeks. Probably vit D has something to do, but I'm taking other suplements either. I'm back to dry eyes being my only health problem, what is a progress. But I know I need to improve my eyes for fatigue doesn't come back.

Comment

Working...
                      X