No announcement yet.

Diet tips please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kate I also need my coffee in the morning so don't feel bad. I keep wondering though.. Is it worse to eat say a serving of rice or a peice of fruit? I LOVE gluten free rice crackers as a snack at night but always feel quilty . Do you eat rice?

Comment

I used to eat a TON of brown rice. But I don't eat any now. I think there are too many carbs that turn into sugars.

Comment

All my meals are strictly meat and veggies. I need to cut down the fruit So jelous of the people that can eat whatever they want and have no reaction.

I just want a muffin so bad! Lol

Comment

Kate- what do your typical meals consist of?

Comment

Burger patties, chicken, steamed veggis, fish (but not very often b/c I don't really like it). Breakfast has been two farm raised eggs with kale and broccoli, lunch is usually just nuts or veggis and dinner is meat with veggie.

Comment

Thats really drastic Kate how do you cope with frustration/cravings etc?

Faith yep Ive sent you 3 private messages I think

Comment

Faith - apparently tart cherries are very anti-inflammatory.

http://www.health.com/health/gallery...881_15,00.html

Comment

It says I have no new messages?! You can just use my email ok? It's jedwards@lakeheadu.ca.

DL- thanks for posting these foods! Some have to much sugar (beets) but interesting posts

Comment

Domi- Once a few weeks go by of not eating carbs/sugar you really don't miss it or crave it that often. If you do have a tiny bit on dark chocolate

Comment

Kate- has the improvement been worth it?!

Comment

Faith, I was reading that you use to have redness and then it went. That's so amazing.

Were your eyes bloodshot? Was the redness permanent at one point? I have red lines that are always there now, I am wondering if they will ever fade.

What do you think helped the most to get rid of it?

Comment

Yes they have been worth it. No food is worth having horrible painful eyes. I cheat every so often but only when I have to

Comment

DL- My eyes used to be very red. It's scary when I look back, I was so sad. I like to think I'm pretty attractive but lost all confidence when this happened. My eyes are no longer red really, but my lids still are. I think if I went hardcore like Kate I would be much better. I'm slowly trying to wean off fruit and coffee. Things that helped most : DIET, Doxy, and Restasis long term. I am by no means cured, I still have pain, but the bloodshot eyes are gone (knock on wood) oh! And I use manuka honey twice a day on the lids. If I stop this for a few days, the horrible lid pain comes back.

Comment

Kate- I agree. Good for you for going so hardcore I'm trying hard to get off the fruit!!!

Comment

My diet has helped me greatly with the pain. The redness of the eyes also decreased.
                                But I feed primarily on sweet potato, cassava, chestnuts and chicken (in George Foreman, hehehe). It is very boring, and even I adapt myself with food I lost 14 Kg (31 Pounds).

A friend suggested I take an exam called IMUPRO300. Has anyone here ever done?

Comment

Working...
                                X