No announcement yet.

Diet tips please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andre do you have mgd? Has this diet your on helped?

Comment

Faith, you are so lucky they are not red anymore. And that you have less pain. My eyes are getting more and more red. Everyday I wake up, and I look in the mirror I can see new lines, I am so scared it won't go away. I have definitely lost all my confidence. It's so hard.

Sounds crazy but I much prefer the pain then redness. I'm really hoping my diet will help - when I think about the old me I can't believe how happy I was.

Comment

Faith
        Yes, I have MGD.
        My dry eye is due to Lasik.

The diet definitely helped me to contain the inflammation and pain.

In those 08 months I went 02 times to the ophthalmologist. On my first visit TBUT showed 06 seconds. In the second, presented 03 seconds. And according to what the doctor said, the secretion is "physiologically" (insufficient, from what I understand).

Ie. Not improved secretion. But improved the inflammatory response.

Tomorrow I go to the doctor again. I'm curious to know TBUT.

I'll also try scleral lenses, hopefully I can use them.

I am in the eighth month of dieting. My good answers came with 06 months.

Comment

Please post your results about the TBUT. Mine has never been longer than 3-4 seconds, but have enough tears. The inflamed lids are my main issue. I also need to work on not touching my eyes.

Comment

Ok
            I'll post.

I was surprised when the result showed 06 seconds of the first. I was very excited.
            Then came the ice bucket in the second examination.
            I have no expectations about tomorrow.

Taking up a question that I did earlier.

Ever heard of Imupro300 exam?
            I was told they analyze your blood and can discover within 300 foods which are harmful.

We have some alternatives to treatments, but everything is very expensive. This axame costs $ 2,200 ($ 1,000).

Comment

I have not heard of this test. Do you know why you have MGD? Mine I think is due to acne, but my skin is very mild. I got the eye problem years later. Do you eat any fruit? Or have you cut that out? I'm worse the more fruit I eat, but I just love it I am working on cutting it down/out.

Comment

Originally posted by André Pereira View Post
                Ever heard of Imupro300 exam?
                I was told they analyze your blood and can discover within 300 foods which are harmful.

We have some alternatives to treatments, but everything is very expensive. This axame costs $ 2,200 ($ 1,000).
                Re: Imupro300

Cool stuff. I've never heard of it. Here's a Canadian site http://en.food-intolerance.ca/get-tested/imupro-300/

Comment

Faith
                  I can eat berries.
                  apple; blackberry; blueberry; raspberry; acai and others.
                  This link has my diet:
                  http://postimg.org/image/56davfted/
                  I would translate but I'm up to my neck in work.
                  Is in Brazilian Portuguese for those who want to translate their language.

So. I just know I did lasik and BAM. Dry eye.
                  I do acupuncture too and helps me a lot.

Spmcc
                  I like when you opine about something. Your knowledge is outstanding.
                  I'm seriously thinking of subjecting me to this imupro300.
                  Here in Brazil they send the blood to a lab in Germany do the analysis.

Comment

Never heard of it. What is it ?

Faith : just sent you an email. I really need support to fight my cravings, this diet is ****ing hard

Comment

dominorose
                      It is a test that detects which foods are harmful to you.

Knowing which foods make you sick, it becomes easier to develop the diet. I think!

But I do not know if what the test detects works for our eyes too!

Faith
                      I was late for the appointment today and I had to reschedule it. I scheduled for the day 18/08. = /

Comment

Haha no problem! It's cute you let me know, thanks. Plus I wanted to read your diet but can't speak the language lol

Comment

You asked me to post the TBUT.
                          And while you asked the fruits that I can eat.

List of fruit that I can eat. (translated with google - little time to review)

Pear, avocado, pistachios, sunflower seed, pumpkin seed, blueberry blackberry, raspberry, acai, papaya, figs, prunes, dates, dried apricot, nectarine, peach, melon, watermelon, red guava, apple and persimmon.

Comment

That too expensive for a food test in my opinion :/

Comment

Purely anecdotal, but might help someone:

http://uriupina.com/health-fitness-b...lief-naturally

http://www.stylist.co.uk/beauty/skin...g-plan-rosacea

Comment

I'm going to be the outlier here and say that diet, since I've been fighting this for the last 8 years, makes a mild if no difference at all. I have tried no carb, low carb, high carb, anti-rosacea---you name it. If you want to go ahead and try a certain diet, and supplement that with whatever, then go for it, but I personally have resigned myself to the fact that dry eye disease is an unfortunate degenerative DISEASE where symptoms can only be minimized and managed to a degree.

Would you fight HIV with a gluten-free diet? No, you would not.

Sorry if that seems pessimistic. If anyone tells you that gluten, or carbs, or dairy is causing the problem, and you haven't been officially diagnosed with celiac disease, lactose intolerance, etc., then I believe they are selling you snake oil. Gluten "allergies" and "intolerance" are nonsense and marketing, and if you don't believe me, please go look it up.

That being said, I wouldn't go out and eat a carton of donuts every day. That's going to invite a host of problems beyond dry eye. But there are a number of people on here who eat "clean," who are even strict vegan, and there is no difference. Go ahead and try what you want, but don't expect a miracle.

What works, in my opinion: The right pharmaceuticals, such as doxycycline or restasis, if you can tolerate it. Fish or krill oil can be a toss up, but it won't hurt you. Above all, lifestyle and environmental changes: low stress, breaks from screen usage, compresses, keeping a healthy level of humidity.

Again, I don't claim to be a medical professional, but I don't see the need for people on here to torture themselves with severe dietary restrictions that in the end, create a stressful situation in-and-of themselves. Rant over. : )

Comment

Working...
                                X