Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spirulina works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spirulina works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

A few weeks ago, I red here on the forum of a boy who tried spirulina, and had wonderful results. This was about 3 weeks ago, well I went to go buy it and GUESS what???? It helped. I waited 3 weeks to be sure before informing you guys to be sure. I have lasik induced dry eyes, 4 intracanniculair plugs, left eye was still painful, very tired because of the dryness and my left eye has definetly improved; for the first time in years I can look with both my eyes again, before I closed my left eye because it was always tired. Ofcours they are not healed, but the eye is defenitly wetter after only 3 weeks. So I assume that for a milder form it will even give more benefit. I already felt improvement after a week. So please try it, it is not expensive.( in belgium)
    For the moment I take 4 tablets of 400mg. My pot is empty now and tomorrow I will buy chlorella, which has even a better effect on the body and will take more tablets. I already did some research on it and it's the most complete pill you can take, they include gla, beta-caroteen, a lot of minerals, vitamins,.....There are so many benefits from it, my skin is beautiful again, i have a lot of energy,....
    Please do some research yourself on the internet...
    I'll keep posting my evolution And now I will copy something I found on the internet.

Bij een vrouw met chronisch ontstoken ooglenzen werd na 3 jaar regelmatig gebruik van Chlorella door haar oogarts vastgesteld dat haar oogklachten geheel waren verdwenen. Een aantal jaren later kreeg ze last van droge ogen, waartegen geen remedie gevonden kon worden. Ze nam ‘s morgens een hoge dosering van 100 tabletten en na 2 dagen waren haar klachten verdwenen. Sindsdien neemt ze 1 x per week een hoge dosis Chlorella en heeft ze ook minder last van haar allergie tegen katten, honden, huisstoffen en pollen.

I know this is dutch, but it tells us about a women who had dry eyes and she took chlorella in a very high amount, 100 tablets and after 2 days her eyes improved completely. I know this could be exagerated, but still... it' s worth a try for all of us. And the rest of the text I can't translate because I don't know enough english.

Sabine.

Sabine,
    I'm so excited that you found a way to help yourself feel better. I have been thinking about spirulina as well, and may try it soon. Were you taking omega-3 supplements prior to trying the spirulina? I ask because spirulina has gamma linoleic acid in it (an omega-3 fatty acid) which has been reported to help dry eye in its own right. For instance, BioTears uses it in their capsules. I think they get it from black currant seeds. So, if you were taking omega supplements and then tried the spirulina, I think we may be on to something! Anyhow, I'm thrilled you're feeling better.
    Eli

Comment

Thanks for the great news, Sabine! I think I might give it a try.

D
      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Yes Sabine,

I'm going to surf the net and read up more on Spirulina. It sounds like something very worth trying! I'm glad things are going better for you!

Comment

worth a try!

sabine,

i searched the net and also found a testimonial letter from a woman claiming that she "cured" her dry eye by taking 100 tablets for 2 days. perhaps it's the same article? it's from bio+source website. she seems to have received a lot of benefits from chlorella. are you going to give it a go? please let us know as i have been taking spirulina for at least a year don't particular notice any dry eye improvement but then my condition did come and go (no relief yet from most recent flare up and i am still suffering from dry eye now). do you find your eyes producing more tears or what? all the best wishes to you and hope to hear good results from your experiment.

Comment

Today I bought chlorella and will give this a try.
            Mine is lasik induced dry eyes, I don't know if it would help for other types.
            How that I know that I have improvement?
            My left eye was still very dry despite two plugs, it didn't produce any tears anymore. And now the left eye almost feels like the right eye (which has also two plugs). I can see tears on my left eye. They finally look the same again my eyes because before the dry eye was very mat and lifeless. And I feel it ofcourse. The right eye was already wet but had bad quality and also some pain sometimes and this has also improved.
            I'll keep you informed!!!!

Sabine

Comment

Sabine

It would be interesting to hear your ongoing progress with Spirulina and Chlorella.

Mikastef indicated in another post of marked reduction in symptoms as a result of taking Spirulina.

I have jjust read another post of yours where you indicated that your dry eye is Lasik induced.

I too have decided to give it a try. The dosage seems quite high 4500mg per day (3 x 500mg tabs X 3 daily).

It is certainly not a cheap supplement here in the UK costing around £15 for 200 tabs.

I am also taking 2000mg of Fish oil and 2000mg Flaxseed Oil.

Will keep you posted if there is any noticable improvement.

I am certainly not in favour of the 100 tablets in 2 days - seems extreme to me.

Cheers

Prattstar

Comment

Hi sabine

i also started using spirulina since i saw that post, havent noticed anything dramatic yet. Where did you buy yours do you have a website link?

chears
                I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Sazy,

I just gone mine from H&B - quick and easy. I did notice there were a number of options when I did a Google for Spirulina UK, there were a few organic versions so you may want to have a look around for the best price.

I am not sure how something that smells as disgusting as this stuff could actually be good for you - we'll see (no pun intended).

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Hoi,

My chlorella mentions 3 x 2 to 4 pills a day. Each pill is 250mg. But I sleep very long every morning. So I will take 2 x 4 pills a day. That is 8 x 250 mg = 2000 mg. I payed 15 euros for 270 pills. That's good for 33 days.

The spirulina was 400 mg a pill and I took 2 X 2 pills(like mentioned on the pot) a day, that made 1600 mg a day. That was nearly 7 euro for 60 pills and 13 euro for 250 euro.

If this helps then 15 euro a month isn't much, restasis costed me more than 200 euro a month.(I imported it from america a few years ago).

Sabine

Comment

Correction : it was 13 euro for 250 pills of spirulina, I wrote two times eoro, sorry

Comment

I just gone mine from H&B - quick and easy. I did notice there were a number of options when I did a Google for Spirulina UK, there were a few organic versions so you may want to have a look around for the best price.

I am not sure how something that smells as disgusting as this stuff could actually be good for you - we'll see (no pun intended).

Cheers

Ian
                        I dont buy supplements from H&B anymore as im not sure how pure they are. a while ago my natropath said to avoid the H&B. i.e I bought OMAX3 omega fish oil which is 90% per 1000mg EPA and DHA opposed to only 30% in H&B fish oil. i think some things they do are better than others.
                        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Spirulina nor chlorella tablets have a bad taste. The liquid oil that I took before , that was bad!!!!! I swallow these tablets and there is nothing bad about it.
                          Maybe you are referring to the powder??

Sabine

Comment

Originally posted by sabine
                            Spirulina nor chlorella tablets have a bad taste. The liquid oil that I took before , that was bad!!!!! I swallow these tablets and there is nothing bad about it.
                            Maybe you are referring to the powder??

Sabine
                            I was referring to the smell of the tablets when you open the pot. There is no taste or anything bad about them, i just grab 3 tabs and a glass of water, then down the hatch - no problem. I was just commenting on the smell from t he container.

Sazy, I remember your comments about H&B (from our fish oil discussion several months ago), but my suggestion was there if you were looking for a quick fix.

I did suggest that you could do a google search and locate a number of organic suppliers in the UK if you are interested - good luck with them.

Maybe your Natropath can recommend something.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Dr Andrew Weil's opinion on spirulina and chlorella

Hi ---

Found this on Dr Andrew Weil's website about spirulina and chlorella. I take a lot of supplements so I always like to see what he thinks about a specific supplement that I'm researching. I don't always agree with him, but I do respect his opinions / insight.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA400160

Excerpt below:
                              For the record, I don't approve of the use of two other types of algae, blue green algae (aphanizomenon) and spirulina. Both are in a different group from chlorella. Some species of blue green algae produce toxins, including neurotoxins that can increase long-term risks of degenerative diseases of the central nervous system. I see no reason to include any blue-green algae in the diet.

If you must have your algae, chlorella is a much better choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X