Fish oil/EPA-how much to take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhad,

"Nerves" and the "Autonomic Nervous System" are entirely different subjects.

And points like that are exactly why you're detecting condescension in my tone in response to your posts. Yes, you are welcome to your opinion - everyone is. But you are making grand statements that make it sound like you've done scientific or medical studies and that when you produce the results of these studies that everyone here will have tremendous improvement...and you have not done that (whether you imagine them to be scientific or not...they are not). And when it's that obvious that you don't know some of the basics of the premise of the discussion yet you pontificate on the subject, you open yourself up to criticism.

Some of the points you make are valid and interesting, but some of the statements you've made are so way off the mark that they completely invalidate your good points. And in pontificating about things that you really don't know about, you lead readers of posts in a useless direction. Of course, it is not your job to make sure that everyone reading your posts knows enough to follow or not follow or take as gospel what your or I or anyone else writes. But, frankly, it is the ethical responsibility of anyone who posts in a forum such as this, where many people are desperate for help, to truly know what he/she is talking about if he/she is going to speak so dogmatically on a subject.

Although some of your thoughts are interesting and sensible, you do not have the expertise to make some of the blanket statements you've made and you have a number of people waiting breathlessly to find out this amazing thing you've discovered based on your "studies". And I think that's just wrong. You've also made blanket statements in other posts putting down other peoples' attempts to relate what they're doing which, whether they help you or not, have the backing of real science and some excellent doctors (reference the Omega-3 discussion).

On the flip side, I am quite happy for you that you've found something that helps you and I (and a number of other people following this thread) would love to hear what it is. If you could simply say "This is what helped me and this is what I did and what I'm doing" that would be wonderful and quite possibly could be a help to someone else here.

And just remember - if you are going to use the phrase "I'm entitled to my opinion" and that opinion is being expressed to everyone, you are by the very nature of expressing it to everyone, opening yourself (your views) up to criticism and/or praise. The right to say whatever you want doesn't give you protection from having it slapped back atcha - in fact in ensures that someone somewhere will, indeed, disagree with you just as openly and let you know it.

Good luck with your program - I'm glad your health has improved from it.

-NYer

Comment

Hey!
      since i started this whole discussion i thought i would drop in--being new on here and stuff--i would love to know what you (Rhad) or anyone is doing that is helping?? Please share! I am desperate and have been trying all kinds of things as I have been suffering for over a year and a half now--just like everybody else..

One day they will have a drop that actually will make tears! I just know it. but when? I have been on Restasis for over 7 months -and I took it for 6 months last year--I don't know if it is working... but i am going to stick w/ it.

Ok..So if I find anything that really helps me I will definitely be posting it here ! I go to see Dr. Foulks in Louisville next Wednesday and I have heard wonderful things about him.. I am keeping my fingers crossed and there is always hope.

thanks everyone.
      Jenny

Comment

Working...
      X