X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supplements

Originally posted by INGRID1234
    Jannz
    [B]When did you first notice the difference in your eyes? Do they look and feel better?
    Hmmnnn -- I'm thinking that it was maybe 6-10wks [??] that I started to notice - "hey... I haven't needed the eye drops as much". Then it got to where I just didn't even THINK about using the eye drops -- so "yes", they do FEEL better. Before my eyes would feel like they had "headaches". Occasionally I do use eye drops at the beginning of my cycle though -- I guess it's the lack of estrogen that makes them a little drier then. - ???

These are the supplements that I take twice a day with a meal:

Coopers Complete w/ Iron [4 pills ] This is a multiple vitamin.
    Coopers Complete Advanced Omega 3's [ 2 pills ]
    BioTears [2 pills ]

Flax seed - probably about 2 tablespoons. I put that in my smoothie if I make one.

Coopers Complete Calcium [ 2 tablets before bed] I'm not as vigilant about the calcium, but I really need to be. Besides the whole bone density thing - it's needed to help absorb the Vit D3 that's in my multiple vitamin. I'm trying to get my Vit D3 level up to the new levels that the research is indicating.

Probiotics [1 tablet / capsule ]

At some point I'm going to add some Green Tea extract supplement to my regime. I've bought the bottle, but just haven't gotten round to adding it to my routine yet. I have "vitiligo" [skin has no pigment on my hands] and some folks on the vitiligo forum have noticed more repigmenting by taking / drinkng green tea.

ANYWAY -- this is what I'm doing right now with my supplements. I do take a lot of stuff, but I may have more autoimmune stuff going on that others here. -- ??? -- As I said previously, everyone's different -- you may not notice any benefit, but I have, so I'll continue with my program.

Best wishes...
    Jann

Comment

Jann, how bad were your eyes previous to the bennefit of supplements? and do you know which component of the tears you were deffiecent in?
      I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Originally posted by sazy123
        Jann, how bad were your eyes previous to the bennefit of supplements? and do you know which component of the tears you were deffiecent in?
        Sorry - I don't know which tear component I was deficient in. My eyes just got too dry to wear contacts anymore and they just hurt and felt gritty.

I stopped wearing my contacts and they still hurt -- ?? Then I kinda' just discovered by accident how much better they felt with some TheraTears drops -- so I just figured out the dry eye thing for myself. I did have the test where they stick the little papers out of your eye -- I measured a "5". I should probably have it done again to see if the number has improved. They told me it needed to be closer to a "10".

Hope this helps...
        Jann

Comment

Working...
        X