No announcement yet.

Probiotics Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not much of an update. Dr. L said that probiotics are about a year away because more studies are needed to determine the appropriate dose (doesnt need FDA approval though so it should be quicker). He said in the meantime, you can always try the oral supplements but he didnt think they would be as effective--may be worth a try though.

He also said he has been increasingly experimenting with higher doses of flax oil--2-4 grams---most would need to switch to liquid form to get that kind of dosage unless you want to overwhelm yourself with pills.

Comment

Hmmm

That's kind of a bummer. What about the dosage that the Dr in Italy was using? And did he mention if more studies were actually being done? Probiotics are not big business per se, just wondering if the Italians were doing further research, someone in the US?

Thanks for the update.
      Gretchen

Comment

Interesting comment from Dryasadesert about flax oil. Dr L told me not to bother with flax oil but to take wild salmon oil which I have found in capsules. He did say I could continue with taking ground flaxseed. Am now very confused

Comment

Working...
        X