This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    I read about taking doxy for long time. I am just wondering how well works for ocular rosacea and for how long should be taken. I saw people that cannot stop doxy. Is Restatis working better and safer than doxy ?

Best Of All!

George

Comment

doxy & restasis

I can't make a useful comparison here, George, because I'm on both. Altho, that said, am doing pretty well.

Katia, I was on 100mgs of doxy per day for a while but found 50mgs got same result. My opthamologist's mantra is "what's the minimal intervention necessary to manage the condition?" But am sure your Dr of Opth is targeting your unique situation. Also, even tho' am taking the acidophylus with doxy dose & breakfast, I still can't include any milk products with breakfast.

Best,

Comment

I think this is a lower dosage than normally prescribed for tetracyclines.
        I have been on it for two years, I admit , I raise and lower my own dosage as I feel needed. I told this to my Dr. and he understood. I have read of people going on "holiday" during good periods, but I am too afraid to go off completely.

Comment

Working...
        X